Bi-Polar Bear Hangs Up His RockAnd Roll Shoes

mac11

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:57 am
Excellent news!! Keep us posted, please.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 02:52 pm
how about if i become a manager of the band? i can deal with those petulent adult kids! goodbye tour sounds great. then you can reunite again! or maybe you can find less petulent kids to play with less high profile. i am sure you'll make something good out of this in the end anyway!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 02:54 pm
grrr, damn, i think i posted after reading the first page only.... silly fool.
and to you, bear: congrats! at least i was right that all will turn out well. now i'll go embarass myself into other forums.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 05:20 pm
Fantastic! Who else will be playing with you? Make sure that you inform us, Bear!

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 05:31 pm
Quote:
I can't be happy unless I'm playing.....

Of course you can't,

we understand.

We're more than your fans man,

we're the ones who accept you,

no,
embrace you,

for the M U S I X>>>>>

Oh, okay.

<shakes head>

Are you tuned up???

f*ckthe pain, man.

play.

love

Joe
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:13 am
Wow Bear, I feel for you. It would kill me if I couldn't sing anymore. I have found though...just when things seem the worst up from the proverbial ashed new and better things emerge.

Believe it or not, I just joined a pipe band. I'm learning to play the bagpipes. Not that I'm recommending you try it, but I'm fooling around with musical boundaries and having a great time learning. I've met so many musicians in the last little while that aren't surfing on the ego wave and the collaborations are amazing. Within the next few months I will be recording some cool tracks.
So keep your chin up, you never know what will happen. Never say never Bear! Maybe one day when can work together. Now that would be fun!!
Ceili.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 08:56 am
Ceili you need to spend more time here...stunniingly attractive musicians like us add a certain quality to life......but I can't carry the entire load by myself.....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:11 am
Hi Ceili! Glad you're OK, was worried about you.

(Actually I just logged on and have only seen this post, HOPE everything's OK...)

And glad that something's happening for you, BPB, good for you bein' proactive and everything.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:52 pm
I'm inspired. I'm going to dig out my old guitar and see whether I still remember the dozen or so chords I learned back in '67.

Wait a minute. I just remembered how much my fingertips used to hurt till they calloused up.

Never mind.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:51 pm
It's like being in a relationship. Except you don't have sex with your band, (unless you have a female lead singer and you are both addicted to coke).

Luckily I'm a drummer so I am not expected to write songs or contribute any kind of creative input beyond slamming the hell out of the drums. And as a drummer I am also expected not to get laid. Then again the bassist has it worse in that department, but I digress.

Let me say this; the rock n' roll shoes drop you, not you them.

It's time to write songs about kicking ex-bandmates asses.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:01 pm
Quote:
And as a drummer I am also expected not to get laid. Then again the bassist has it worse in that department, but I digress.

Er, hello, one-time keyboardist here...

By the way, what do you call someone with no talent who hangs out with musicians?

A drummer.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:43 pm
Well I am a lead singer, and although over the years I had more than a few opportunities for that type of loose sexual behavior, those that know me know that during those heady times I was the standard by which gentlemanly behavior was measured in Hair metal musicians.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 06:32 pm
Since the new project is to make money and is to be an eighties hair metal tribute, we are taking on new stage names. The female I hired I am naming Cheri Burst. Our guitarist is Tommy Glaze. Drummer is Dave "Dirty" Needles. No name for the bass player yet, but if I say so myself I love the stage name I have chosen...Bon Snott.

What do you think?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:31 pm
Oh I'm all for it, Bi-Polar.

That rules that you were in a for-real, hair metal band before it became ironic.

There was a good eighties hair metal band in town here called, "Spread Eagle"--which is the coolest name ever. I think they still play for money occasionally, though some are in serious eighties hardcore bands.

And yes, patiodog, it is the sad sad truth. But at least I'm a good person. Wait, no I'm not.

But I don't know exactly where the keyboardist falls in line. The last keyboardist I saw on stage was the dude from The Faint and he looked like a serious metrosexual. He played one note with one hand and then just shook his ass. If you're like that guy you probably got tons of play, from girls who like gay dudes.
If you had talent and self-respect, well, then, at least you're not a miserable drummer such as me.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:33 pm
Nah, I used two fingers. You had to hit them damn Rhodes keys hard.

Good-on-yer, by the way, bear.
0 Replies

Tryst

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 06:44 am
About time.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 06:46 am
Whoa, blast from the past.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 06:54 am
who dug this up and why I wonder.... well I've not been in any bands since except for the occasional Cirkus reunion... I play a solo deal whenever I have time and once in a while a duet with a buddy... the plain truth is I can get triple the money for dj work..... mores the pity.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 07:03 am
wow.
this is old.

you still wear shoes?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 07:06 am
orthopedic.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:33:23