Bi-Polar Bear Hangs Up His RockAnd Roll Shoes

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:03 pm
Trying to keep a band together is like pulling teeth. Musicians are flaky and immature, and every day someone is pissy or has some issue that a band leader has to deal with. You have no real control over them as an employer might, and the older I have become, the less patience I have with grown up petulant children, so even though the band is really excellent and we're making a name for ourselves again, the rewards are outweighed by the hassles.

I's a sad day. Besides my family, nothing except playing in a band has ever given me any joy or satisfaction and I'm getting a little long in he tooth for something new to come along.

I told my drummer to come and get his drums and then I think I'm going to go out and get drunk.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,220 • Replies: 61
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:11 pm
Hey, that's too bad, BPB. Maybe you just need to reduce the stress level by not concentrating on the gigs and practice so much, and just getting together casually to just jam and have fun. I always loved it when I had friends to jam with.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:12 pm
I'm genuinely sorry to hear this, bear. I also know where you are coming from. I tried it out for a while and had the same feelings, so I became a chef. Well, once in the restaurants, I realized it wasn't much different. Rolling Eyes So, I eke out a living, but I'm happier not having such toxic people in my life. Now, before you get drunk, pop in here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26192&highlight= because we're talking about cockfights. Laughing That should cheer you up a little, I hope. Wink
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:19 pm
wow bear - I'm surprised - sorry to hear this news.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:21 pm
Say it ain't so!

I know about the flakey musician thing -- almost married one.

Can you just make someone else the leader?

(I know I know it's not like you haven't thought of this stuff, but...! You were sooooooooo happy after the first coupla reunion concerts...)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:36 pm
when you get my age (Im gonna be 55 in 2 months). Then you get invited to sit in in CW bands. I play peddle steel and its a great to sit in as a regular . I also will sit in as a 'token honkey" in a pickup steel band at least 2 times this summer wherein all I do is provide drone and under tone for the steel sound. Thats my favorite cause getting lost in the music is important. Course, I have a day job too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:41 pm
I am in disbelief.

You be pulling our legs, right?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:42 pm
dlowan wrote:
I am in disbelief.

You be pulling our legs, right?

nor pushing either....
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:47 pm
twisting our nipples?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:50 pm
I'll tell you a story about the Guess Who. We happen to know a fine lady who was once married to the bass player, and they weaned a beautiful daughter. The problem was, the man was drug-addled and just generally screwed up. There was a divorce, and mother and daughter are doing great today. The interesting thing is, is that when the Guess Who did their reunion tour recently, said member was not invited. I say keep up the fight, BPB, and replace who you need to replace.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 03:52 pm
I already canceled all our gigs.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:04 pm
Damn.

Relationships would be so good if it weren't for the people...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:07 pm
dlowan wrote:
Damn.

Relationships would be so good if it weren't for the people...

That is sadly true, but hope should still be a motivation. Eliminate the strange, and take in the practical and eager.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:11 pm
Hey, Bear, as long as you don't completely give up music, I'm sure this will work out fine.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:19 pm
Whew.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:21 pm
You're probably not aware of this, but recent events have been conspiring to push you toward the inevitable path you shall tread: Polar Bear and the Brats'n'Beer Polka Band.

Seriously, though -- bummer. Got anything on the backburner or in the back of your mind?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:34 pm
Aw, bear, that's too bad. I really thought I'd get to see you guys play one day.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:47 pm
patiodog wrote:
You're probably not aware of this, but recent events have been conspiring to push you toward the inevitable path you shall tread: Polar Bear and the Brats'n'Beer Polka Band...

If that's not enough to keep him rockin', pd, I don't know what is!

Aw ****, bear. And you had the perfect outfit today and everything.... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:47 pm
gosh. It's a sad day in bearville
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:59 pm
So what has become of your TV show?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bi-Polar Bear Hangs Up His RockAnd Roll Shoes
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:16:54