KK1986

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 02:36 am
Hi,
A month back I had a infection during that time my blood pressure was diagnosed and it was 160/110 which was very high
and after they gave some medications, I also started working out, after a month my bp came normal and its not above 130/90(most of the time 123/82,125/85,117/79,129/86), I am tracking it daily. However they did all kind of tests ECG (except TMT/Echo), Sugar everything was normal but still could not find why BP came. Although starting I was too much worried about my blood pressure I came to know how to control, but now I am worried about chest discomfort especially after a meal, It wont pain too much but still feel discomformt. It continues for about 3 hours after the meal. I'm not sure what it is...i *feel* my heart is beating a little fast. My pulse rate was always be above 85 after i wokeup and sometimes in noon it will be above 100 sometimes after meal. Because of this chest discomfort, i feel quite weak and not interested in doing anything. Is this because of anxiety ? I am not sure since I am not taking too much stress on work after BP was diagnoised. What could be other problems for this Any suggestion would be helpful

Ragman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2014 08:10 am
@KK1986,
Welcome to our forum. You truly have my sympathy. You needs to go back to your regular doctor and/or see have a referral to a cardiologist so that they can follow you there in an ongoing basis. The problem may not be solved so quickly, especially because a pulse of 85 bpm is pretty high, just for starters.

There could be something that needs more investigation. Anxiety may be an issue...but it doesn't last all day ....generally as it's often likely to be episodic ... your BP numbers may have temporarily evened out...but that high pulse is worrisome.

What caused the infection? Was it the flu or Pneumonia? Are they sure the infection is gone. How are your kidneys. These (and more) are all questions you should ask your doctor and wait for the answers to be completely understood.

How much overweight are you? 10, 20 or 30 lbs? More? Do you smoke?
KK1986

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2014 11:35 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you, I weigh 61 Kgs and my age is 28. I am worried about the heart rate It will be high after having meals, during sleeping it will 75-80, after that usually it will be above 80s after having meal or food it will cross 90 or 100.
I have gone ultrasound scan, ECG lipid, thyroid test everything is normal they could not find any problem. I am only worried about heart rate.
Please give me some suggestions.
Ragman

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 07:04 am
@KK1986,
I'm not a doctor nor am I in the medical field. It would not be in your own best interests to take medical advice from me or any strangers on the Internet. Furthermore, this forum's rules strongly discourages from such medical advice.

My best suggestion is to stick with the doctors and their suggestions. As I wrote before, you might want to speak your regular doctor and have him refer you to a cardiologist.

Based on your info, you don't sound overweight. You clearly are sounding anxious and that can make matters worse, but you have had this higher heart rate for a long time.

Heart rates always increase after you eat a meal. the best time to measure your heart rate is first thing in the morning (after you urinate). I've no idea about your height or whether or not you smoke or you still have an infection. However, that info you should follow up with your medical professionals.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2014 08:13 pm
@KK1986,
Ask your doctor to check the chest X-ray and see if it's possible you might have acid reflux. That could be the source of higher blood pressure after meals. Also the pressure in your chest. Like Ragman said, I'm also not a medical professional, so you need to see your own doctor for referrals. But it's important to see a cardiologist to make sure you rule out any heart problem. It could be something simple like avoiding certain foods or spices, but it's better to find out what's causing your discomfort so it can be treated. Good luck!
0 Replies

michael99mjk

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2014 02:28 am
@KK1986,
hey be in touch with your doctor for more help and keep your self informed about it
0 Replies

manishsharma12

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 03:12 am
@KK1986,
It could be something simple like avoiding certain foods or spices, but it's better to find out what's causing your discomfort so it can be treated.
0 Replies

Rasha1

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 03:52 am
@KK1986,
Nice
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » chest discomfort
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:10:43