George

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 07:03 am
What's a "kitchen"?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 07:17 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Yeah sure, but don't come at me from behind or anything.

I can imagine you wield a potent knife and I kind of need all of my digits, limbs, and assorted various special parts attached to me. I'm finicky that way. Surprised
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 04:51 pm
@chai2,
Thank you, thank you.... I feel the same way. My husband will hover around me and then give "suggestions"- he doesn't understand why I get upset - just leave me alone - I am a capable adult who is more than capable of fending on my own.

If I need help I will ask.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 04:52 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

You got the right idea.

Wally has been over at Bill's house since "The Pork Chop Incident"

I will have to call him to come home. He's not stupid.

My husband just says - I'm just trying to help - I guess you are lucky - that he is not stupid.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 04:53 pm
@George,
George wrote:

What's a "kitchen"?

It's the place where my wife and sister in law drink too much sherry and then slip over on spilt frozen peas on Christmas mornings.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:21 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

How can you manage without help like this?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoptLoEj_tk[/youtube]

This video reminded me of a Thanksgiving we spent with SIL Faye.

Faye's a lovely woman, raised 5 kids on her own, shirt off her back type of person.
However, she's got more than a little Blanche Dubois in her.

In her kitchen the more the merrier, and there was no question that I must take part.
I managed to open a can of cranberry sauce with some verkakte can opener that was supposed to be state of the art. Well, actually I watched someone else take it from my hands when I couldn't get it to work.

I was shortly thereafter consigned to the living room with the menfolk, while 4 or 5 women all attempted to mash a potato.
roger

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:26 pm
@chai2,
Yeah, the old can opener trick always got me out of the kitchen, too.
chai2

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:43 pm
@roger,
Jesus. It was one of those new fangled ones that, I don't know, didn't leave a sharp rim or something. Who cares? I couldn't get the damn thing to accept the can.

I was a failure at the hen party club. Believe me, it was noted amongst the other more talented house frau.

It was kind of like being at a baby shower. You want to just toss the pregnant woman the gift, and go watch netflix with the other slackers.
Apparantly a lot of women find baby things not the most boring things in the world.
0 Replies

orangeharley

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 09:01 pm
Lol! I thought what you say about getting out of my kitchen! You can use long tools too far from the hot oil!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:29:05