Would you smile if you were holding a moose's head?

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 12:12 am
I stumbled the accompanying photograph and wondered just what the hell these idiots were smiling about....

http://www.oilsign.com/moose.jpg

Do they feel that they are the great conquerors, back from their quest to rid the globe of the menacing moose?

I happen to like moose. These people have really, really pissed me off.

I'm gonna go lookin' for them. Gonna track them down and get rid of them one by one.

I might let the woman live. For awhile.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,711 • Replies: 38
No top replies

hail

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 03:15 am
I think they smiled because they are takeing a photo .... Laughing
say cheese..... Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 03:26 am
So you like cheese on your mooseburger?

Oh, Gus~~~ here's another one.

Joe
0 Replies

hail

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 03:28 am
I didn't mean anything with what i said ... it was a joke .....
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 03:32 am
Just as long as its not hogsheads they're holding.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 03:57 am
people who go out, shoot a really dumb animal and then stuff its head and pose like this , really weird me out.
I just might as well go out in the pasture and blow away one of the cows. Its that much sport. in Maine hunting is a big business that employs thousands of official "guides" who set up bait stations and hay ricks for big game.
They will dig a donut hole and cover it with plywood. In the hole they put lots of jelly donuts. this is used , all through the summer to get a bear acclamted to finding the donuts and going through the process of removing big rock covers, flipping the plywood , and then getting the donuts. all friggin summer the bear is dependent on the 'guides " feeding pit.
Come fall, in bear season, the guide brings his clients to the donut hhole and bLAM, dead bear before breakfast. Back to the camp and drink.

With moose, they set out salt and haybales and grain. moose gets almost domesticated. Sometimes there will be 3 or more moose gathered at a bait station. BLAM< BLAM BLAM, back to the camp and more drinking.
The hardest thing with getting a moose is getting your license in the lottery, or shopping for your clothes at Cabellas.

Ill cover ya Gus, Well just paintball them , make a moose call , tag em,then we can go back to the camp and drink.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 04:27 am
I know why they're smiling; this is the end-product of a photo-opportunity for the Arkansan Republicans.

I'll help you too, Gus. There is nothing that makes people know each other better than ravishing Moose-killers together.

0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 04:53 am
I just knew some of the more sensible A2Kers, such as farmerman and drom would cover my back on this one.

Jim, as always, thinks only of the pigs.

Joe Nation will come around to my way of thinking, eventually.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:02 am
They will all turn on their pro-moose-murder ways, in time.

Until then, we have to make an example of their Leaders. Something to do with CS gas and animal suits might be an interesting form of retribution; but I'll leave this one up to you.

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:18 am
Quote:
Joe Nation will come around to my way of thinking, eventually.

First, you have to develop a way of thinking.

Someone go tell Hail that we are jis kidding too.

(Gus, I think we went and scared off another one.)
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:48 am
I can't understand why some people enjoy doing this to animals...and so proud of their trophy. Judging by the look in its eye, I bet this was a moose from the swamp. I've also seen this woman before at a local nightclub and she was sporting a capybara fur stole.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 06:45 am
Moosehead....I'd rather drink it than give it......
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 06:48 am
farmerman wrote:
people who go out, shoot a really dumb animal and then stuff its head and pose like this , really weird me out.
I just might as well go out in the pasture and blow away one of the cows. Its that much sport. in Maine hunting is a big business that employs thousands of official "guides" who set up bait stations and hay ricks for big game.
They will dig a donut hole and cover it with plywood. In the hole they put lots of jelly donuts. this is used , all through the summer to get a bear acclamted to finding the donuts and going through the process of removing big rock covers, flipping the plywood , and then getting the donuts. all friggin summer the bear is dependent on the 'guides " feeding pit.
Come fall, in bear season, the guide brings his clients to the donut hhole and bLAM, dead bear before breakfast. Back to the camp and drink./quote]

I don't know about my dumb ass cousins....but no polar bear would ever go for that trick.....
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 06:52 am
farmerman wrote:
With moose, they set out salt and haybales and grain. moose gets almost domesticated. Sometimes there will be 3 or more moose gathered at a bait station. BLAM< BLAM BLAM, back to the camp and more drinking.

As a former Registered Maine Guide I can tell you that baiting is only allowed for bear hunting. No Guide would be caught dead putting out salt licks, grain or hay bales for moose or deer. Doing do would cost a Guide their job, several tens of thousands of dollars and a few years in prison (if other guides didn't catch them first and shoot them out in the woods to begin with.)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 07:00 am
fishin' wrote:
farmerman wrote:

As a former Registered Maine Guide I can tell you that baiting is only allowed for bear hunting. No Guide would be caught dead putting out salt licks, grain or hay bales for moose or deer. Doing do would cost a Guide their job, several tens of thousands of dollars and a few years in prison (if other guides didn't catch them first and shoot them out in the woods to begin with.)

but for bears it's okay? Okay ya bastards...I guess you realize this means war?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 07:02 am
Anyone want a recipe for Sweet and Sour Moose?

Quote:
1 1/2 lbs. moose [2 inch strips]
1/4 brown sugar
1/2 cup water
19 oz. can pineapple chunks
1 cup onion [thinly sliced ]
1/4 cup vinegar
3 Tbls. soya sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1 green pepper
2 tsp. cornstarch

Brown moose strips in small amount of oil. Then add water, cover and simmer until tender about 1 hour.
Drain pineapple, reserve the juice. Combine sugar, cornstarch, pineapple syrup, soya sauce and salt.
Add to moose and stir until sauce thickens. Add pineapple, green pepper and onion. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes!
Serve over rice!

The only problem is................where do you get a hold of a moose! Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 07:03 am
at your deli counter next to the flying squirrel......
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 07:10 am
Did I ever tell you about the time that I ate bear paw? (Oops, sorry Bi! Embarrassed )
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 07:10 am
They're smiling because they just adopted that poor bodiless moose from the Humane Society. Sometimes moose are born without a body, and they are generally rejected by their herd. These people are saints.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 07:15 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Did I ever tell you about the time that I ate bear paw? (Oops, sorry Bi! Embarrassed )

Civility and the fact that you are a moderator prevents me from suggesting a different part for you to try....you cannibal....<harumph>
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Would you smile if you were holding a moose's head?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 11:29:34