What the tourists never see. (A dance of sunlight and ships)

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 01:08 am
What the hell are you doing out of bed at 2 in the morning? Don't you realize you've got several rows to hoe in the morning?

By the way, isn't it too late to plant corn? Or are you so far up in boonies that it's just now getting frost-free?

In Oklahoma, (by-gone days) the corn is as high as an elephant's eye on the Fourth of July. I used to plant corn and squash on the 15th of April.

Joe
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 01:16 am
Just woke up Joe and it's 4am here. I've got plenty of work to do out there today and need an early start. We actually had a very mild frost the night before last, but you know how it is in the great white north. My tomatoes, peppers and beans don't even go in until next week.

Speaking of, what the hell are you doing up at this hour?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 01:22 am
Plus, hi, Montana.....
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 01:29 am
A little weird insomia this night, that's all.

Now, Night'all.''''

Joe
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 01:29 am
Hey there Osso. How's it goin? :-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 01:30 am
Night Joe. Sleep well.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 01:43 am
I did not even come close, Joe. But I had a good time. We had a lot of fun tonight.

Oh, by the way, the Yankee game sucked. It would have been better if it had been rained out. They got killed, in case you hadn't heard. I'm sure you would have enjoyed it.

First we went to the movie "My Mother Likes Women", which was a semi-funny Spanish movie, with a star-on-the-rise named Leonor Watling. I'd never seen her before, but I think I'm officially in love. So cute.

After that, we went to "Gonzalez and Gonzalez" a restaurant/club/bar on Broadway, near Houston. It's a pretty fun place. Not my usual kind of hangout, but it was very lively.

They had a good merengue/spanish band, and people were dancing and drinking . . . it was a lot of fun.

We drank . . . my friend told me some incredibly graphic and personal details of a very specific part of he and his wife's sex life while she was talking with one of her friends a few feet away . . . I laughed my ass off, at him and with him. . . we drank . . . some people danced, but not me . . . we tried to hook up my buddy Ray with a girl that had come out with us (no luck on that though) . . . we drank . . . we laughed and smiled a lot . . . I took a cab home. and here I am.

Kind of a good night, actually. I like those people.

later
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 06:14 am
Sounds like a pretty nice night, especially the part about both you and the Yankees being losers. Smile
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:01 am
Heeeeeey, that's not funny!!!! Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:21 am
:wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 10:20 am
Update: the top story of the staircase is listing about a foot lower as of yesterday. I've called the building department two more times pleading for the area to be taped off. They'll be getting back to me..
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 01:30 pm
That's like when you call 911 and get put on hold...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 06:36 pm
When I got to work this morning, there was the new owner's flatbed truck on one end of the small parking lot to the side of the staircase and the truck had a thin rope attached to it. The rope spanned the width of the lot and was held by a stake at the other end. In the middle dangled one yellow ribbon. Progress of a certain sort.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 08:17 pm
Golly, if you was to release the parking brake on that truck and it was to roll downhill yanking on that rope who knows what might happen?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 03:13:00