Do you use an online pharmacy ?

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 01:36 pm
I am one of these unfortunate people whos insurance really bites the big one when it comes to Rx meds. I have been hunting through the online pharmacies and seeing some phenomenal prices. Some almost half of what I pay cash price AFTER my insurance puts its 2 Cents towards my bill. But, like 99% of things on the internet I don't know wich is crap and wich isn't.
Anyone?
Have you used one ? Did you get good business and not ripped off ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,777 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 01:39 pm
Nearly every single "online pharmacy" in the US is illegal.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 01:48 pm
I know they arent. Im just hesitant to send 20 or 30 bucks to some web site that may not be real. I am not a good judge of that when it comes to the web
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 01:52 pm
If you know they aren't then you are halfway there. When I tracked 'em only about one in 100 were legal.

The FDA has also been cracking down on them recently.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/pubarticles/online_pharmacy.html
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 01:59 pm
Wow. How did you track them ? Were you able to tell wich ones were scams?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 02:02 pm
Yes, I tracked them for a client.

Telling whether or not they are scams is tricky. I would check on their registration, address, phone numbers and merchant accounts.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 02:04 pm
I will do that. Though it seems I am probally better off not trying huh! hehehe
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:12 am
I buy OTC products from drugstore.com. I would never buy an Rx from any online pharmacy. Once, drugstore.com sent me someone else's Rx.
Not good!

It's better to go to a retail store and talk to a pharmacist in person. Moreover, when mistakes are made in the preparation of your Rx, you want to have that mistake corrected immediately and receive your correct Rx.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 05:18 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I know they arent. Im just hesitant to send 20 or 30 bucks to some web site that may not be real. I am not a good judge of that when it comes to the web

SHould you really need an online pharmacy, have you considered either the online versions of CVS or Walgreens? With these two online pharmacies, should a mistake be made in your Rx, at least you'll be able to walk down to your local CVS or Walgreens and have the mistake corrected.

ExpressScripts is also another online pharmacy, headquarters ( Stl Louis ? ) in USA, commonly used by many people. I don't know their prices, but I am familiar with some of their pharmaceutics, as a former holder of company stock.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 09:53 pm
I tried to find the website for "expressScripts"?..... all i ran into were error messages. If you have the web address can you post it for me ? Or you can send it p/m. I would appreciate it!

thanks for your help
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 12:39 am
http://www.express-scripts.com/
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 12:17 pm
Ok... a question that will raise the eyebrows of some people... but... anyone ever used a pharmacy online that may not have been legal? I am just looking for cheaper meds and I dont care if they require a prescription or not. My meds are 200$+ sometimes..... ?? anyone??
0 Replies