The "I Love Frogs" Thread

margo

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:18 pm
This is Kicky's thread! But I have a frog in my throat, so I suppose tht helps!

We used to put the penguin in the shower recess. Some slightly intoxicated people were put off, using the loo, with this penguin watching. Other times he would just lie in the bath. A bit un-nerving for those of delicate sensitivities - but what on earth were they doing at my place, anyway?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:23 pm
Greeee deeeep!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:25 pm
I suppose that we could start up a rivalling 'I love penguins thread', so that we don't give the illusioun of so many people loving frogs!

Heheh-- how did they get into your house, if they weren't invited? Did he get out of all of this without being puked upon or fought once?

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:26 pm
Hmmmmm ... I never thought much about frogs, but yes, they are intriguing little critters. Very Happy Apparently some varieties are fast disappearing in Oz ... An ecological warning, we're told.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:28 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I want to know where you got it...

Osso
He came from the Australian Geographic shop.
Australian Geographic

They don't seem to list him in their on-line shop, only kangaroos, crocodiles and dinosaurs. Pity. Perhaps I could re-inflate him and photograph him
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:31 pm
Why do you need frogs? I thought that they were actually bad for you, ecology-wise...

You should! He sounds too much fun to be left to die a painful and uninflated death!

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:34 pm
Perhaps a nice tire patch...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:34 pm
What about otters? I think they are pretty cool. Frogs are too conflicted. After all, it's not easy being green.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:35 pm
Oh, god, I love otters. I mean, Oh, Cav, I love otters.
0 Replies

drom et reve

I agree that frogs are troubled. I love otters; but does anyone have hilarious otter stories?

0 Replies

msolga

dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Why do you need frogs? I thought that they were actually bad for you, ecology-wise...

I'm by no means an expert, Drom, but I understand it has something to do with the health of the waterways. Apparently the frogs are vanishing because conditions have deteriorated.
0 Replies

margo

When I lived on the western outskirts of Sydney, we had some great frogs. At night they used to jump off the guttering <splat> and then climb back up the downpipes. Such fun!

I used to go out with a torch and my camera, and look for them on the downpipes, focus my camera, by torchlight, turn the torch off, and take the photo, with fingers crossed that they hadn't moved. in the dark Lovely green and brown native frogs. I had some wonderful photos.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:36 pm
Well, I remember laughing a lot when the fellow in Ring of Bright Water brought the otter in the pet store window home and kept him in the bathtub, with difficulty..
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:37 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Margo owns an inflatable penquin? Surely the winters aren't that long.

Gus - a girl needs a friend!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:39 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
I agree that frogs are troubled. I love otters; but does anyone have hilarious otter stories?

Otter stories have to come from "otter" countries - I live in an otter-free zone!

I'm otta here! <back to work Sad >
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:41 pm
So a frog walks up to an otter in a bar and says "Hey baby, are you alone?" The otter, who had a bad cold said "Yeb, I abalone."
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:43 pm
Aww! We'll see you later then, Margo!

As for the frog/waterways problem: Oh no! I wonder what can be done?

A penguin is a better security than those awful Mr. Man. things. I remember a friend's friend going mad with one of them; buying for it a whole wardrobe, formal wear for special occasions; even a watch. A penguin, you just plonk it down and it freaks out people. Now that's value for money.

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:48 pm
cavfancier wrote:
So a frog walks up to an otter in a bar and says "Hey baby, are you alone?" The otter, who had a bad cold said "Yeb, I abalone."

Very cute, cav! Laughing
I used to watch otters during feeding time at the zoo for hours. Loved their cheeky antics. But recently I have transferred my affections to wombats! Wonderful ploddy, sleepy, endearing critters! Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:51 pm
Penguins are at least formally dresssed!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 09:51 pm
Aw! Wombats! I may sound like some sort of animal-slut (Not in the... deviant way) with my likings of so many animals, but wombats are wonderful.

What do you all think is the worst animal going? I hate wasps, personally...

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 09:51:22