Finance course work (Determinants of cross-border mergers and acquisitions from UK perspective)

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2014 04:20 am
Hello,
I am currently working on my course work focused on defining the determinants of cross-border mergers and acquisitions from the UK perspective, i.e. UK companies expanding abroad via M&A activities. So, I have collected various date according to which I would like to find out the various determiants making them expand abroad such as countries' exchange rates, market-to-book ratios, stock market volatilities, GDPs, religion, language, legal system, corporate income tax, geography proximity, disclosure quality. I have covered a period from 2000 to 2010. The countries I would like to compare the UK to are all the OECD countries.

Could you please give me any advice/suggestions what methods and analysis tools I might use to compare those variables so that I could find any patterns of the UK expanding abroad according to these factors? Like any regression analysis methods, charts and so on? As well as would they be feasible enough to prove any determinants?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Dan
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,357 • Replies: 0
No top replies