Anti-Jewish anti-Semitism today

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:20 pm
Quote:

Several weeks ago, I had the honor to present our language findings to a
national meeting of AEPi hosted by Sheldon Adelson and Mike Leven. At
that session, I asked a simple question: how many of the students in
attendance have personally seen examples of anti-Semitism on their campuses. To my horror, dozens of hands went up.

So as the cameras rolled, I asked student after student in universities
across America and Canada to tell their personal stories. Below is a link to a simple but painful 5-minute video that was put together by Aaron Goldenberg, an incredibly talented recent graduate who is leaving shortly to volunteer for the IDF. It chronicles exactly what is happening on campuses today from the people who have seen it and lived it.

I'm asking you to invest five minutes of your time to hear some of the
brightest young people in America today tell their stories:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAyFlByb64M

Right now, it has less than 10,000 views. With your help, a million people will see the truth -- and just maybe they will stand up and say enough is enough. Remember, these are our children. This is our future.

Watch the video, share it with everyone you know, so that "never again" will actually means something.

ossobuco

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:28 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
eh?
explain..

I get that probably is, but I'm not interested in clicking on it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 07:34 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
What that film reminded me of is the bigotry we suffered before, during, and after WWII. We looked like the enemy, so we were also the enemy.

Racial bigotry is blind; it's not rational by any standard of humanity. It's the "them against us" mentality that harbors great numbers of people to join in the hatred. Unfortunately for us, even the US government were bigoted, and identified us as the 'only' enemy living in the US. They put us into concentration camps for the duration of the war.

During the first Gulf War when many in the US attacked Arab-Americans, Japanese-Americans advocated for them.

Having learned the lesson of discrimination early in my life, I have become a champion of any group that are treated unfairly. This country is supposed to be the country of equality. According to our Constitution, "all men are created equal." We still have a long way to go.
Lustig Andrei

Mon 3 Nov, 2014 10:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You said it all better than I could have, Tak. The clip makes it pretty clear that the same kind of people who blamed Japanese-Americans for Pearl Harbor are now blaming Jewish-Americans for the Palestinian plight in Israel. It's not just shameful, it's scary.
OmSigDAVID

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 12:50 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
You said it all better than I could have, Tak.
The clip makes it pretty clear that the same kind of people who
blamed Japanese-Americans for Pearl Harbor are now blaming Jewish-Americans
for the Palestinian plight in Israel. It's not just shameful, it's scary.
U mean liberal Democrats like FDR????????
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 12:57 am
Quote:
The clip makes it pretty clear that the same kind of people who blamed Japanese-Americans for Pearl Harbor are now blaming Jewish-Americans for the Palestinian plight in Israel.

Is is pretty difficult to explain America's Israeli policy without factoring in long running corruption of the federal government with the Jews as the source. After that I am not willing to put anything past them.
OmSigDAVID

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 01:01 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
The clip makes it pretty clear that the same kind of people who blamed Japanese-Americans for Pearl Harbor are now blaming Jewish-Americans for the Palestinian plight in Israel.

Is is pretty difficult to explain America's Israeli policy without factoring in long running corruption
of the federal government with the Jews as the source. After that I am not willing to put anything past them.
Tell us what corruption u have in mind ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 12:05 pm
Quote:
I think Pro-Jewish anti-semitism (i.e., against the Arabs, for 9/11) is better.

David
Lustig Andrei

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 12:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Quote:
David

I disagree. Any form of anti-Semitism is deplorable. One cannot blame all Arabs for 9/11 any more than all Japanese for Pearl Harbor.
Miller

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Having learned the lesson of discrimination early in my life, I have become a champion of any group that are treated unfairly.

And are you a champion of the American woman, who has fought time after time again to gain the rights enjoyed by American males? As you noted,, our Constitution clearly states that "all men are created equal".

Nothing is mentioned about women being created equal to men or that "all women are created equal". One look at American society today, confirms that women still have a long ,long road to hoe to achieve equality to their male counterparts.

I can't help but wonder,why the Civil Rights movement has so easily by-passed the issue of discrimination against women. Aren't women's rights as important as racial equality?
Lustig Andrei

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:45 pm
@Miller,
That's just semantic nonsense. When Alexander Pope said "The proper study of mankind is man," I really doubt that he intended to slight women who, after all, are a part of "mankind."
OmSigDAVID

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:50 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

And are you a champion of the American woman,
who has fought time after time again to gain the rights enjoyed by American males?
As you noted, our Constitution clearly states that "all men are created equal".

Nothing is mentioned about women being created equal to men or that "all women are created equal".
I am 1OO% certain that when Jefferson wrote that into the Declaration of Independence,
he was referring to Man as a species, not referring to any gender nor to any age group.
A person of either gender is a man at the moment of birth.
Proof is in the DNA (different than fish or trees).

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 04:53 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

That's just semantic nonsense. When Alexander Pope said "The proper study of mankind is man,"
I really doubt that he intended to slight women who, after all, are a part of "mankind."
Yes; Man is a mammal and comes in 2 sexes.
Chicks r female men, but still men, otherwise thay 'd not be within the species.

David
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Tue 4 Nov, 2014 08:03 pm
These people are conflating hatred of Israel, which is an ethnocentrically oppressive state, and Zionists, supporters of that state, with anti-Semitism, which is hatred for Jews in general. They are not one and the same. Most Jews are Zoinists, but not all. Some Israel haters are oblivious to the difference, and for true anti-Semites the distinction is irrelevant.

Most of the support for Israel is from Christianists and Islamophobes and racists that merely have focused their racism towards Arabs.
OmSigDAVID

Sat 8 Nov, 2014 04:13 am
@Lustig Andrei,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Quote:
David
Lustig Andrei wrote:
. . . One cannot blame all Arabs for 9/11 any more than all Japanese for Pearl Harbor.
Of course that 's true.
I 'm sure that in both instances, the events were kept secret
from their own populations until thay were accomplished facts.
Yet, if we will experience more bombings, the likelihood
is that thay will arise from the Moslems, not from the Methodists or the Episcopalians.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Sat 8 Nov, 2014 04:20 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Most of the support for Israel is from Christianists and Islamophobes
and racists that merely have focused their racism towards Arabs.
Yea, like we did not think much of the Japs
on Dec. 8th, 1941.
0 Replies