is the increasing presence of married mothers with infants working a sign or progress? or not?

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:12 pm
I've been given this topic to write about, I've been staring at it for a couple of hours now and I cant seem to understand it/ what to write. Can anybody help? would you agree with it or disagree? why/ why not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 711 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:46 pm
@cl846821,
It's an incredibly poorly-worded question.

Here it is in somewhat better English:

More married mothers of infants are working these days. Is that a sign of progress, or not?
chai2

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2014 07:51 pm
@jespah,
Thank goodness you explained that jes.

I was alarmed at the thought of all those infant sign spinners.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2014 05:29 am
@cl846821,
I think the idea is whether you agree or disagree - you have a couple of thoughts here - either you agree it is a sign of progress then you would take a stance that women like men can work and have a family so women are now equal to men (support with your own opinion).

Or it is not a sign of progress because now women have to work and have a family - this is not progress as the women has to do both and no one home to take care of the children.

Either case can be argued - but you need to argue it depending on how you feel - simply pull some facts that support which way you feel.
0 Replies