Who Believes in God?

Squeakybro

Thu 20 Nov, 2014 07:20 pm
@neologist,
I think I know what you are implying. But let me ask you this. Do you know the difference between arrogant and bold?
neologist

Thu 20 Nov, 2014 08:24 pm
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
I think I know what you are implying. But let me ask you this. Do you know the difference between arrogant and bold?
I certainly have discerned in you a feeling of pride, not in your god, but in what you are trying to preach.

That mostly because you are not open to consider any suggestion that you explain in specifics
Squeakybro

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 10:35 am
@neologist,
I have absolutely no pride.
DISCERNING WHO IS ARROGANT OR BOLD?
John 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.

Luke 22:33-34 ARROGANT
33 But he said to Him, "Lord, I am ready to go with You, both to prison and to death."
34 Then He said, "I tell you, Peter, the rooster shall not crow this day before you will deny three times that you know Me."

Acts 15:5-7 ARROGANT
5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses."
BOLDNESS
6 Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter.
7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.

Acts 7:58-60 ARROGANT
58 and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul.
BOLDNESS
59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 8:1 ARROGANT
1 Now Saul was consenting to his death. At that time a great persecution arose against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Acts 8:3-4 ARROGANT
3 As for Saul, he made havoc of the church, entering every house, and dragging off men and women, committing them to prison.
BOLDNESS
4 Therefore those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the word.
BOLDNESS
John 7:26-27
26 "But look! He speaks boldly, and they say nothing to Him. Do the rulers know indeed that this is truly the Christ?
ARROGANT
27 "However, we know where this Man is from; but when the Christ comes, no one knows where He is from."

Acts 9:26-27 BOLDNESS
26 And when Saul had come to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples; but they were all afraid of him, and did not believe that he was a disciple.
27 But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. And he declared to them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.

Acts 17:17-23 BOLDNESS
17 Therefore he reasoned in the synagogue with the Jews and with the Gentile worshipers, and in the marketplace daily with those who happened to be there.
ARROGANT
18 Then certain Epicurean and Stoic philosophers encountered him. And some said, "What does this babbler want to say?" Others said, "He seems to be a proclaimer of foreign gods," because he preached to them Jesus and the resurrection.
19 And they took him and brought him to the Areopagus, saying, "May we know what this new doctrine is of which you speak?
20 "For you are bringing some strange things to our ears. Therefore we want to know what these things mean."
21 For all the Athenians and the foreigners who were there spent their time in nothing else but either to tell or to hear some new thing.
BOLDNESS
22 Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, "Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious;
23 "for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you:

Acts 9:29-30 BOLDNESS
29 And he spoke boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus and disputed against the Hellenists, but they attempted to kill him.
30 When the brethren found out, they brought him down to Caesarea and sent him out to Tarsus.

Acts 18:24-26 BOLDNESS
24 Now a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man and mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus.
25 This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John.
26 So he began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Aquila and Priscilla heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.

Rom 15:15-18 BOLDNESS
15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written more boldly to you on some points, as reminding you, because of the grace given to me by God,
16 that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
17 Therefore I have reason to glory in Christ Jesus in the things which pertain to God.
18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not accomplished through me, in word and deed, to make the Gentiles obedient--

Eph 6:17-20 BOLDNESS
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints--
19 and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
Heb 4:16
16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Heb 13:5-8
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
6 So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?"
7 Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct.
8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
(NKJ)
XXXX To the righteous, it will appear as boldness, but to the unlearned it will appear arrogant. To the carnal mind boldness looks like arrogance. But arrogance is always done with carnal knowledge and emotions. Boldness is always done guided by the verses from the Holy Spirit.

Titus 1:15-16
15 To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled.
16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
(NKJ)

Matt 26:33-34
33 Peter answered and said to Him, "Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble."
34 Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times."
(NKJ)

Matt 26:75
75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, "Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times." So he went out and wept bitterly.
(NKJ)

Boldness-Bold

3955 parrhesiazomai (par-hray-see-ad'-zom-ahee);

middle voice from 3954; to be frank in utterance, or confident in spirit and demeanor:

KJV-- be (wax) bold, (preach, speak) boldly.

2292 tharrheo (thar-hreh'-o);

another form for 2293; to exercise courage:

KJV-- be bold, X boldly, have confidence, be confident. Compare 5111.
Frank Apisa

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 10:47 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:

I have absolutely no pride.

Oh, the irony!
FBM

Fri 21 Nov, 2014 06:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
He seems pretty proud of that, eh? Laughing
0 Replies

neologist