Meaning of Wink

nade

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 01:04 pm
Hi,
I know its a funny question..but what does a wink really mean in a formal meeting? I went for a conference & outside the conference I got introduced to this person who is quiet a wellknwon professional & popular person! I am so young compared to him & he spoke very friendly & he is the one who initiated the talk. In the end, he offered a handshake...I said 'nice meeting you' & he winked back & said see you! Just didnt know how to react for that & wish to know what does it really mean? Is there any indirect meaning behind this wink? Smile.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,097 • Replies: 7
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 01:07 pm
@nade,
Usually it means you are being included in the joke or humor of the situation. It could be he found humor in the formality of it all and wanted you to feel the same. It could also be that he sensed you were nervous and wanted to take the edge off.
0 Replies

nade

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 01:15 pm
thanx
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 01:39 pm
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Wink_soda_old_bottle.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 01:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
gin and wink

the best summer drink
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2014 01:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Winks better than Squirt. But I'll use either.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 05:37 am
@nade,
Yes there is - I have a thread on it somewhere.
It is, when subliminally produced a signal that the producer is unsure/uncertain or mistrusting in/of themselves and/or of you or their current surroundings or actions.
Doesn't mean their intent is detrimental to you, nor does it imply genuiness (A word I tried to alter to 'genuinity' because it rolls off-the-tongue better, but failed.) .
An 'open' intended wink is a signal of incorporation into an event/gag/hidden agenda, etc.
nade

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2014 12:54 pm
@mark noble,
Thanks a lot Smile
0 Replies