Am I being hacked?

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:29 pm
On msn messenger 6.1 today I kept getting disconnected from is with a message that said I had been signed in to another computer. Now know one knows my password at least that I know of. Does this sometimes happen for no reason, or did someone hack into my account? I changed my password the logged off, came back later and that passord didn't work. So I changed my password and my secret question. If I am getting hacked, is there anyway I can try and track it? Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 829 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Monger

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 06:51 pm
Re: Am I being hacked?
stand up for pessimism wrote:
On msn messenger 6.1 today I kept getting disconnected from is with a message that said I had been signed in to another computer. Now know one knows my password at least that I know of. Does this sometimes happen for no reason

No, that does not happen for no reason, but it doesn't necessarily mean your account is getting hacked into either. E.g. if you signed into the same account using a different client you'd be kicked out of msn messenger just the same, or you may have accidentally signed in from another computer & set it to remember your password, & someone is just taking advantage of that.
Quote:
I changed my password the logged off, came back later and that password didn't work. So I changed my password and my secret question.

You did the right thing. Always change your password immediately if you suspect someone else is using your account.
Quote:
If I am getting hacked, is there anyway I can try and track it? Thanks!

You could try reporting it to Microsoft, but that is most likely very unnecessary at this point.
0 Replies