Good news for Democrats, bad for GOP

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 01:27 pm
WASHINGTON (AP) — Business orders for U.S. factory goods shot up by a record amount in July. Factory orders rose 10.5 percent the biggest one-month increase going back to 1992, the Commerce Department reported Wednesday. Orders for civilian jetliners rose four-fold.

Now If the Democrat shakers and movers will advertise this and other reasons to vote Democrat on Prime Time TV, liberals will have a better chance of keeping the Senate majority. Don't just think it or talk about it, ADVERTISE IT.

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

"Question everything." TV Science channel
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 580 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 03:23 pm
@Rickoshay75,
you are delusional

Quote:
Gallup's U.S. Economic Confidence Index was steady at -16 in August. This score falls within the -14 to -17 range that the monthly averages have been in throughout 2014, including -17 in July.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/175598/economic-confidence-stable-august.aspx

The elite have been discredited, they can roll out all of the allegedly good numbers they want an no one will care. What we care about is the economic health of our family and of families we know. Looking at the evidence there is no reason for optimism. The D's could spend $100 million on economic sunshine messaging and it would not move the needle at all.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 03:26 pm
I'm happy to see all those Democrats owning factories are doing so well. They are owned by Democrats, aren't they?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 03:37 pm
@roger,
Then there is the matter of these factories continuing their long trend of replacing people with machines and paying what ever people still work in factories less.

Quote:
In 2007 the UAW gave each of the Big 3 automakers the right to hire new workers at half the normal rate, about $14. The tier-two workers were supposed to be limited to certain “non-core” jobs or to 20 percent of the workforce, and to bump up to traditional status when 20 percent was reached. But with the 2009 bankruptcies of GM and Chrysler, the new-hire wage was set at about $14 with no path to full pay, no pension, and no raises or bonuses for six years. The auto industry was set on course to become a fully low-wage industry as older workers retired. The national average manufacturing wage, union and non-union, is $17.20. By 2010, the wage-cutting had spread. The UAW agreed to let 40 percent of workers at a Detroit-area GM plant work at $14, to help the company turn a profit on subcompact and compact cars. Last month UAW Vice President Joe Ashton said the union was open to similar arrangements elsewhere to save jobs. - See more at: http://labornotes.org/2011/05/unequal-pay-equal-work#sthash.FxhfcHTd.dpuf

http://labornotes.org/2011/05/unequal-pay-equal-work

I cant document this at the moment but I recall reading that the big three have over the last three decades removed 2/3 of the human workers in favor of robots and other machines...who work much cheaper.
roger

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 04:40 pm
@hawkeye10,

hawkeye10 wrote:

Then there is the matter of these factories continuing their long trend of replacing people with machines and paying what ever people still work in factories less.

You're right. I missed that point. I can't fault the manufactory for trading labor costs for capital investment, but the report certainly isn't as jolly as intended.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2014 11:55 pm
@roger,
Quote:
You're right. I missed that point. I can't fault the manufactory for trading labor costs for capital investment, but the report certainly isn't as jolly as intended.

Oh, it is very jolly for the holders of capital, just not very good for labor and given how capital has instituted global free trade and otherwise corrupted government making it very difficult to use them for tax revenue not very good for the rest of us either.

But the elite will continue to throw us this kind of tripe trying to get us to believe that everything is hunky dory because if the masses cannot be kept docile there will be blood in the streets....the blood of the elites.
0 Replies