What is Your Nickname?

fbaezer

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 07:14 pm
LOL. He deserved that, really.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 11:31 am
Similar story, I was batting against BB Parvu - the absolute fastest pitcher one could face. He was one of those whose birthday fell just so he was a full grade ahead of everyone else, therefore, a full year more maturity. This was a lot in those days. I would of been a full three years less mature to him.

The bases were loaded, last inning. The count was full and I kept fouling off one ball after the other. Of course, I couldn't really even see them - just kinda stuck my bat in the right places. I would get oohs and aahs after every near miss. Looking back, I'd say that I fouled at least 8 or 10 off. Then, I just made up my mind I would let the next one go by. A number of the most recent pitches I had swung at were out of the strike zone.

I was ready to take first and score the winning run when I heard - STRIKE THREE! No real big loss, I think I set the second record for stike outs that season anyway and it wasn't the last out Smile
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 12:01 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
My nickname is Corporal Cat. I'm not quite sure why people started calling me that.

Corporal Cat; it suits you! I don't know why it does, but it does...

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 04:43 pm
Everone calls me Mitch. My middle name is Mitchell.
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:49 pm
It depended on where I was....

in high school it was grasshopper from the jocks cause i was so skinny but moved fast.

some of girls said i was an agent of satan...

my friends called me snowjob,,,cause i could bs my way with their moms and get them out of trouble...

in the airforce i got named BIG E... my name is Ian but pronounced with an E...and the fact that im 6 foot 2 and about 220...

that stuck at my most of my jobs post military employment...

now im the only white guy in my current position on our help desk...so im joking referred to as Leon...

or Token White Boy,,,in a reverse spin of not another Teen Movie.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 08:59 pm
Welcome to A2k Ian.

The eastern part of which panhandle, TX or OK?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 09:49 pm
I have a few...."NieNie",....given to me by a few babies that I have helped raise. They couldn't say my full name, so the last three letters of my name got repeated a time or two and it stuck...and 20 years later, I am still thier "NieNie" and a few others that have attatched thierselves to me.

The people I work with call me "Trollbaby",.....lol, long story, has to do with a hairdo

And Cat........because of my green eyes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 01:20 am
Well, my first lover called me JoJo the DogFaced Boy, and my ex husband called me Joey. My boss/friend called me Sister Mary JoEllen. (Hisssssssssssssssssssssss!!!! Don't get me started.)

I've always liked nicknames and tend to name other people quickly myself.

Dogface.

And hi, welcome back, mmsie.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 09:59 am
I am the Pompatus of Love.

That's not a nickname; that's just a fact.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 10:07 am
hmmmm, I didn't really have many nicknames.

When I was little, my dad called me "lil bugger" because I'd trip him and my brother up while they were playing one-on-one bball in the driveway. But, only while I was doing that.

In college some friends called me "the black widow" for a while because of my dating style (teehee).

In santa fe and beyond for a bit, a couple of friends called me "krissiecat".

In georgia, friends called me "tough krissie" and "fish(lastname)". None of the nicknames really ever stuck for long. Maybe because I move too much.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 10:27 am
My nickname is Hell.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 11:18 am
Ok, that's funny!
0 Replies

pieman

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 10:35 am
Great nicknames folks. Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 03:41 am
eddie
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 10:15:00