What is Your Nickname?

pieman

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 07:58 am
What is your nickname?
Mine is "Speed". I picked it up while in the Air Force and it seems to have stuck. I think I acquired it because I was perceived to usually move at a slow and easy pace.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,831 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Wiyaka

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 06:44 pm
This is a tough one. I have several nicknames. It depends on the people I'm with. Those that are very dear and close to me call me Wiyaka, part of my name. Another is Mangy Coyote Woman, given by a Lakota sister of mine and the name has spread amongst several native nations since. Laughing You really need to understand our culture to get the true meaning of that one.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 06:57 pm
Kev, I've never been absolutely certain of it's origin but best guess would be that it is taken from my given name of Kevin, English children are not all as imaginative as Shakespeare and Dickens.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 11:23 am
A considerable number of people call me Plathy; due to their thinking of me as a talented but individualised lunatic, I guess...

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 11:31 am
Mine is pieman. Is that a coincidence or what? I have also been called the ice cream god.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 11:36 am
They call me Kicky. Either that or jackass.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 11:40 am
my nickname is steve. my real name is bi-polar bear.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 12:43 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Mine is pieman. Is that a coincidence or what? I have also been called the ice cream god.

Hahahahahah

Why are you called 'The Ice Cream God?' It sounds very ominous!

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 12:47 pm
Well, back in chefs school, it was my night on dessert (second year students did public dinners with rotating shifts), and I was in charge of the pistachio ice cream. There was a bunch left over, so the first year lackeys, who basically just washed dishes, and the enlightened second year students all got to have a taste. One of the lackeys yelled out "You are the ice cream god!!" That's how it happened.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 12:49 pm
I can't believe that it's lasted its worth from one... comment!

(I was thinking that the Ice Cream God was some sort of Godfather-like creature, called that just because it sounded cool, and because he liked Neapolitan ice cream.)

0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 12:50 pm
Those in the know - Bill, others - Heyou.....
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:11 pm
I used to play Little League baseball in a poor neighborhood (strangely enough, it had the best field). Some kids left their shoeshine boxes next to the field, before practice; others slided home "with the spikes God gave them", about a third of the players picked their gloves for the game or the practice from a big box, given by the league. They all gave terrible nicknames to each other. Mine was "Champ".

The number of parents who attended the games could be counted with one hand.
Once, we were playing an important game against other league. I went to bat with bases loaded and one out. My dad yelled from the stands:
"Come on, Champ, give us a hit".
Strike one. Swinging.
Yet another yell:
"He's got nothing in his ball, Champ, you can make it".
Strike two. Looking.
My father kept on cheering:
"One hits only one ball, Champ. This is it, Champ".
Strike three. Swinging.
I was received at the dogout with this words: "Well done, Champ", "nice strikeout, Champ", "you suck, Champ".
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:23 pm
Good grief, pieman. Where have you been? When I was a kid, it was cotton head............later, teach. In between a number of things..witch baby...little stretch.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:27 pm
Champ...so that was two outs. How did the kid batting after you do? -rjb-
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:53 pm
pookie

or

'Ria (last 3 letters of first name)

1 individual calls me plushous
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 03:54 pm
My nickname is Corporal Cat. I'm not quite sure why people started calling me that.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:07 pm
Rock
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:10 pm
Red which I do not like or Jo which is OK. I prefer the nick that y'all have given me, JD.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 06:13 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Champ...so that was two outs. How did the kid batting after you do? -rjb-

I do remember a deep flyball would mean an RBI for me.
Can't remember how did the other kid do.
But one thing for sure, his daddy wasn't in the stands.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 07:03 pm
fbaezer...point well taken. You, perhaps, should be Champ Jr and your dad Champ Sr.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is Your Nickname?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 02:49:10