Psycho Dad destroys video games

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 01:55 pm

engineer

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
What kind of asshole brother would put this online.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 02:09 pm
@engineer,
It's a gut wrenching thing to view.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 03:06 pm
I don't know who is more childish -- the father or the son.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 03:23 pm
Truly difficult to watch...but my gut feelings seem to favor the father. My guess is that he tried reasoning with the son many, many times before resorting to this.

The game-playing son seems way out of whack...and his brother seems to realize that also.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 03:31 pm
It seems obvious the son wastes his life that way. He's a product of a society obsessed with gadgets. I think I would have locked them away in a secret place instead of destroying them.
BillRM

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 05:44 pm
I like this better..............

0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2014 05:59 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If the son is 18, wouldn't that be felony destruction of property?
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 02:17 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

If the son is 18, wouldn't that be felony destruction of property?

Beats me.

It was over-the-top...but my guess is that it was not a first move...or second...or third...or fourth...or fifth...etc. The old-man got tired of an 18 year older not getting a job and just playing games instead.

Way over the top...but I still seem to see his side more than the son's.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 02:40 am
We don't know anything about it. We don't know what set "Dad" off, we don't know who purchased the games, we don't know how old the game player is/was. It's like a track and field event here with all of the conclusions being jumped to . . .
rosborne979

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 04:34 am
@Setanta,
We don't even know if the whole thing was staged and acted.
Germlat

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 06:04 am
@edgarblythe,
The job of a parent is to nurture, encourage good behaviors, respect individuality ...and most importantly make leaning on parents unnecessary. I think this parent was hit with the realization his 18 year-old is about as mature as a 6 year-old. Reality has hit him hard...he also needs to acknowledge this didn't happen overnight. He is trying to make a point but fails to acknowledge his contribution to the situation. So he wants a magic cure....he picks instantaneous gratification...the one thing he has taught his son.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 06:06 am
@rosborne979,
Seen this happen very often. Wether staged or not...food for thought.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 08:20 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

We don't even know if the whole thing was staged and acted.

Thank you rosborne, I'd been reading down waiting for someone to realize this.

This is so staged looking and fake. He had plenty of time to go up and start collecting his games. It's not like the father would run him over. He'd pick up a piece, then drop it was dramatically backing up while the father just sat there.
Inside the house was really fake and staged too.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2014 08:36 am
Real or staged, it gives an impetus to discuss the scenario as it plays out for people in real situations.
0 Replies

RushPoint

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 03:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
having the exact same problem with our son! so far this summer he has been out in the fresh air maybe twice, his girlfriend dumped him because he has zero ambition and she never sees him and we are getting quite tired of providing for a lazy teen whom cant even clean up after himself let alone mow the lawn! instead of destroying his possessions in front of him evoking rage and resentment, I intend on making the Xbox not work any more! hey, things do wear out ya know! and when he wants $300 bukz to buy a new one, well that's when the job will come in handy!
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 03:38 pm
@RushPoint,
RushPoint wrote:

having the exact same problem with our son! so far this summer he has been out in the fresh air maybe twice, his girlfriend dumped him because he has zero ambition and she never sees him and we are getting quite tired of providing for a lazy teen whom cant even clean up after himself let alone mow the lawn! instead of destroying his possessions in front of him evoking rage and resentment, I intend on making the Xbox not work any more! hey, things do wear out ya know! and when he wants $300 bukz to buy a new one, well that's when the job will come in handy!

Sounds like a plan...and ever so much more subtle than stacking the games in the yard and running over them with a lawnmower.

Good luck.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 04:10 pm
@RushPoint,
It should do the trick. Hopefully, once he gets working, momentum will keep him in the work force.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 05:00 pm
My father had a problem with the fact my older brother while in high school (around 1969) wore his hair what he considered unacceptably long. Looking back at photos, it was actually quite short by todays standards. He also objected to a suede jacket my brother had gone out and purchased with his own money. It was one of those brown suede jackets with the fringes on the arms and in the back. It was super cool at that particular time. My father, the basard, would berate him constantly. It was never ending mental and verbal abuse. I'd go in my room and hide my head so I couldn't hear them screaming at each other for hours. My brother was high strung and stuttered awful when he got nervous, and it was awful hearing him. When he got to that point, my father would then make fun of that (as if he wasn't the one that caused the stuttering early in his childhood)

On my brothers birthday, when he was probably 17, it got so bad he just locked himself in his room, crying. It's horrible listening to a 17 year old boy/man crying in humiliation and anger. The bastard broke his door in and manhandled him into the kitchen where he forced him, and everyone else, to sit there and eat some ******* birthday dinner, and sing happy birthday to this poor guy who sat there trying to swallow his sobs.

All over a half an inch of hair, and a jacket that had some fringe.

At some point after that, my father broke that brothers spirit, and he's never been much of a man since.

It was so god damn important for him to be so in control of someone's life, it didn't matter that he made everyone around him hate and loathe him.

As I know this video has to be fake, the impression given of the son's actions is I'm sure way overblown. This son may have little interest in video games. It's just for the camera.
However, in real home situations, which never end up on camera, that emulate this video, the victim is someone who is doing something that isn't going to hugely affect his life overall.

So he doesn't have a job. Very few people end up living in the basement, not working, not having a girlfriend, etc.
The power figure just doesn't like it that someone else isn't living life on his schedule.

I say let the guy have his video games, grow his hair, dye it purple and have a fringe jacket. He'll be fine, and appreciate it everyone didn't crawl up his ass about it.

chai2

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 05:16 pm
@RushPoint,
RushPoint wrote:

You seem very proud of yourself for saying your son is such a loser his girlfriend dumped him. Maybe he was too good for her, not the other way around.

So he gets a job to make money to buy a new X-box, to replace the one you sabotage. What happens when he quits the job after making just enough to purchase the product?
I guess he'll then be a failure again in your eyes.

I'm curious rushpoint. Do you have activities you enjoy that someone else may consider a waste of time? Are you in a profession that someone out there may consider below your potential as a human?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Psycho Dad destroys video games
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:13:45