• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,234 • Replies: 16
Topic Closed

luismtzzz

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 04:34 pm
@lauraschafer28,
Actually... never.

I have to work 24 more years to achive my legal retirement date in my current job. But i am thinking of working giving classes at a medschool after my retirement. I had some great teachers and i will like to share my experience with young doctors as a tribute to them. Until the day i can´t move by myself i will serve the profession i love in any way i can.
Germlat

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 04:43 pm
@luismtzzz,
Contributing to new medical reds when you're learning alongside with them?...,good luck. What will you contribute...life experiences?
luismtzzz

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 04:53 pm
@Germlat,
I think that after more than 30 years of dedication to my carrer i will have a good quantity on clincial experience to provide. And since working is a life experience and i love what i do for a living i will be providing the experience in medicine that i had collected.

So i do not know what is your problem with Doctors. Since your comment when traslated to spanish actually sounds mean. Your personal difficulties with medical professionals should not blind your concept of every one of them. There are all kinds of doctors, good one, very goodones, bad ones and terribles. The same can apply to engeeniers, lawyers, etc... Making generalizations is not cool.
luismtzzz

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 04:54 pm
@Germlat,
And BTW one can never end learning medicine. It is an always evolving group of sciences.
0 Replies

Germlat

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 05:52 pm
@luismtzzz,
Spanish?? I don't get it. I didn't want for you to get your feelings hurt ....people usually tend to take into consideration what they believe is relevant...sorry.
luismtzzz

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:36 pm
@Germlat,
Do not be confounded... one thing is how what you writted can be interpreted or traslated. And one completely different is if i actualli give a ...

Since we can´t see each other face to face, what we state on this forums cames directly from our brains to the electronic ways of the internet.There are no mask, no fake impressions, no mockery. What you write is what you think. I was actually pointing that our comment was kind of ill. I would be more worried about what drives your tought process to think in absolutes and to generalize. But i really do no give a damn. So my best wishes Germ.

(and BTW you should actually consider the fact that as an open forum A2K is opento anyone around the world, and many of its members are not english naties. That is something actually mind blowing don´t you think so? So many cultures so many ways of seeing life somany types of ideas. I sometimes think if i am up to the challenge of debating my ideas with smart multicultural members? If i am enough open minded to be up to the task? But... haven´t you consider it yourself?)
maxdancona

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:53 pm
Personally, i would like to retire at age 198. After that I will find myself a nice hobby.

0 Replies

Germlat

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:55 pm
@luismtzzz,
I'm not confounded...medicine is tricky. My life experience is also valuable. One can only experience another's step in their shoes....just saying....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:55 pm
@luismtzzz,
luismtzzz wrote:
I had some great teachers and i will like to share my experience with young doctors as a tribute to them. Until the day i can´t move by myself i will serve the profession i love in any way i can.

that sounds tremendous

It is always nice to meet someone who truly loves what they do.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:59 pm
oh

when do I want to retire?

no idea

I could technically retire now, but I feel way too young.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 06:59 pm
@luismtzzz,
luis,
I think you probably misunderstood Germlat here. English is not my native tongue either, but I did not read into Germlat's statement what you have come up with. Could it be that you're a bit sensitive? The forum world and especially A2k can be rough at times, you better grow a thicker skin Smile

Retirement? Between wishful thinking and reality is a huge age gap, but I wish I could retire at 60 if possible.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 07:08 pm
I would like to retire at age fifty, with a sizable bankroll to keep me comfortable. Since I am about to turn 72 in a month, and am still working, it doesn't seem likely.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:04 pm
I was forced into retirement at age 70, six years ago. It's been downhill ever since.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:13 pm
@luismtzzz,
My nephew is a doctor, and works at Queens Hospital in Honolulu. He's also adjunct professor at the University of Hawaii, but he loves to travel to third world countries to train doctors. He was in Bhutan for three months from January through March of this year after I introduced him to my travel company owner in Bhutan. He also traveled to Loas and Cambodia, and I'm trying to get him to go to Cuba on his next training mission. I also know a doctor in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania if he wants to go to Africa.
cicerone imposter

Mon 11 Aug, 2014 10:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
As for retirement age to retire, I was planning to retire at the 'standard' age of 65, but in 1998, on a tour of England, Scotland and Ireland, I came down with the shingles. I was 62 yo. I was off of work for three months after I returned home, so I wrote my resignation to my boss, because it was unfair to have my position vacant for so long. I haven't regretted that decision one iota.
Germlat

Tue 12 Aug, 2014 10:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
That's sounds like the right way to go....you go dude.
0 Replies