wandeljw

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 04:55 pm
Maher debates his characterization of Islam.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 04:56 pm
I don't agree with everything he says.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 04:59 pm
Bill Maher mauls the hell out of people's games.

That man is up there with Jon Stewart, George Carlin and Steven Colbert.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 05:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
I see him as inflammatory. We all know know there are enraged people who are part of islam. I'm not ready to attribute that to a world of many millions. In some cases I see their attributors points.

I read an article that got me upset - a complicated article.

The Fight of Their Lives
The White House wants the Kurds to help save Iraq from ISIS. The Kurds may be more interested in breaking away.

BY DEXTER FILKINS

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/09/29/fight-lives

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2014 06:00 pm
On most other issues, I agree with Maher.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 12:24 pm
Bill Maher was brutally attacked a few months ago for giving Milo Yiannopolous a microphone and 'normalizing' him. I thought Maher was going to lose his job.

He survived.

He's trending at #1 on Twitter, being burned at the stake for using the word 'nigger.'

I don't think he's going to make it through this.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 12:38 pm
@Lash,
Hard to be sure. It slides off for some, destroys the rest.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 12:40 pm
@Lash,
I heard what he said and it was funny. Had Chris Rock or Martin Lawrence said there would be no controversy. If people still get offended by Maher these days, why are they watching his show?
Lash

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 01:05 pm
@McGentrix,
I mean, his first show was called Politically Incorrect, so everybody should at least know what to expect--

I don't think he intends to be racist, I think that he thinks he's down, so it's ok.

Trending number one though. There's a really popular video being shared on Twitter of *Wayne Brady* tearing Maher a new one about an unrelated racial comment. Said if he saw him, he'd like to beat his ass.

Wayne Brady.
Lash

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 01:17 pm
Maher is trying to keep his job. BLM leader-ish guy, Deray McKesson, is making noise about getting Maher fired. Maher offers apology.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/bill-maher-apologizes-for-using-n-word?via=mobile&source=copyurl

I guess his job depends on how far McKesson goes, but the big black voices in social media are more pissed than usual--saying Maher's always been a very transparent racist.

I always thought he was a quintessential wannabe.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 01:30 pm
@Lash,
I never thought of him as being racist, re blacks and Hispanics. I always thought he went a bit far over Muslims.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 01:53 pm
A lot of Muslims agree with you.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 03:18 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I don't think he intends to be racist, I think that he thinks he's down, so it's ok.

Don't nobody give a ****, except for professional victims who are looking to take offense 24/7, eh?

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 04:39 pm
London Bridge shut down. Two violent incidents reported in London. Unconfirmed reports and videos of stabbing in London.

Please bring updated reports as you find them.

Horrible for Britain again.
revelette1

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 04:52 pm
@Lash,
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/03/london-bridge-closed-after-serious-police-incident-live
Lash

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 04:54 pm
@revelette1,
Thanks. I'll move it to the dedicated thread.
0 Replies