Senator Harry Reid

gollum

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 06:08 pm
Reid lives in the Ritz Carlton in Washington, DC. How can he afford it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,262 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 06:21 pm
@gollum,
This is the kind of one-sided rumors that takes hold in the conservative camp based on total ignorance about the when and why Reid lives at the Ritz-Carlton in DC.

From Politico.
Quote:
Reid’s personal wealth in 2009 was estimated to be between $3.1 million and $6.7 million and was built largely on his investments in land and real estate — including several mining properties in and around Searchlight. As southern Nevada land values boomed over the past two decades, Reid's personal wealth grew too.

Reid purchased his condo at the Ritz-Carlton, which is now valued at $1 million, and paid $750,000 in cash for the property in 2001, according to property assessment records. As Senate majority leader, Reid’s annual income is $193,400.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/43989.html#ixzz383dUc8jH

You conservatives need a life, or at the very least seek out some facts before spreading rumors that are one-sided that attempts be besmear anyone's name.
gollum

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 06:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter-
Thank you.

I did not express a rumor. I heard that he lives at the Ritz and I thought that he has worked for government all his life. So, I asked a question.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 06:40 pm
@gollum,
I mistook your intent, and I apologize. That a politician stays at the Ritz-Carlton is nobody's business but his - and that's my personal opinion. Why anyone would even bring it up seemed to be a criticism from the right. Sorry.
0 Replies