pattern in the Prime Numbers

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 10:31 am
Well, there seems to be a pattern in the Prime Numbers as well!

Did they lie to us at school??

ehh yes!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 5,624 • Replies: 29
No top replies

RealEyes

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 10:40 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Explain.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 10:58 am
@Quehoniaomath,
OT but Que I'd like to reopen the speculation of patterns in Pi
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:01 am
@Quehoniaomath,
If you find a true pattern in Prime Numbers, I will pay you a million dollars for it. Seriously, contact me by PM (because with a pattern in Prime Numbers one could make billions).

You certainly shouldn't publicize it here.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 11:22 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If you find a true pattern in Prime Numbers, I will pay you a million dollars for it. Seriously, contact me by PM (because with a pattern in Prime Numbers one could make billions).

You certainly shouldn't publicize it here.

First of all I gues you are joking.How do you want to make money out of it?
I am really curious.
Secondly, I am all for information open and transparant to the public for everyone to see.

No more secrets!

Enough is enough!
maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 12:15 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Most modern encryption is based on the fact that there is no pattern in Prime numbers. If there is a pattern in prime numbers, than all encryption on the internet breaks.

If you give me your system, than I will instantly have the ability to ready any encrypted email internet traffic. You would no longer be able to use any internet site securely, internet banking would be ruined, email could be read...etc. etc. etc.

Not to mention that banks, governments and the military all use this type of encryption. Heck, I would make millions of dollars just by hacking (i.e. stealing) Bitcoins.

If you really have a pattern... you should certainly not make it public.

Remember the recent Heartbleed bug (a piece of information that made internet traffic insecure). The people who found this didn't publicize it right away because they knew the chaos it would cause. Instead the silently told the most important people, and made sure that a fix was available before they publicized it to minimize the public damage done.

Of course a pattern in prime numbers would be infinitely more serious. It would invalidate the way we encrypt internet traffic and would be very difficult to fix.

So, just tell me... ok?

If I took you seriously at all, I would not be joking about this. But fortunately I think you are full of crap.
contrex

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 12:43 pm
There are plenty of "patterns" in the primes. Recently, Luque and Lacasa of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid in Spain found that the distribution of the leading digit in the prime number sequence can be described by a generalization of Benford’s law. This same pattern also appears in another sequence, the leading digits of nontrivial Riemann zeta zeros, which is known to be related to the distribution of primes. Besides providing insight into the nature of primes, the finding could also have applications in areas such as fraud detection and stock market analysis. Others include good old Stan Ulam's spiral, the patterns discovered by Green and Tao, Balog cubes, magic squares, Pythagorean triples...

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 12:53 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If I took you seriously at all, I would not be joking about this. But fortunately I think you are full of crap.

Always the same, I really mean it.
And now how is it, according to the posting above there are plenty of patterms!

btw I am not talking about those.

It is way easier than that.

And I really mean it, BUT I have no idea if you can use it the way you say.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 12:59 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
I think contrex is using the word "pattern" differently than I am. I am assuming that your claim is that if you know all of the prime numbers up to N, you can quickly find the next prime number after N with one of your little magic tricks.

I am saying that that is impossible (and if it were possible, it would change the world).
contrex

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I think contrex is using the word "pattern" differently than I am.

I was trying to get him to state what these "patterns" are, but I don't hold out much hope, given that he has already been asked and does not seem interested in actually answering. I would be quite interested to see a big hole blasted in number theory
timur

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:16 pm
@contrex,
A "number" theory, indeed..
maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:19 pm
@timur,
You mean the theory could be less numb?
timur

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Well, yes...
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:28 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
I was trying to get him to state what these "patterns" are, but I don't hold out much hope, given that he has already been asked and does not seem interested in actually answering. I would be quite interested to see a big hole blasted in number theory

Don't jump to fast to your conclusions. I am also busy with other things,
I will come with that for sure, I promise.

I f you stopped being so damn negative all the time. You don't even give me a change!

I am just very very very busy and in the meantime try to answer these postings.

so give me a break.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
...with one of your little magic tricks
Googling,

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=find+next+largest+prime+number

…I was overwhelmed by the lit. I presume what you're saying is that there's not a mathematical "formula" that might be instantly applied. However I'm not so sure: According to the general principle that nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else, I'd guess the term "formula" might reasonably applied to one of the many procedures cited

Thus would be interested in your approach here Max
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 01:54 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
Don't jump to fast to your conclusions. I am also busy with other things

Don't be such a "tosser" as we say in Britain. Either: 1 ****, or 2 get off the toilet.

Quote:
so give me a break.

Give us a ******* break! You are like a gal who gets her tits out for all the boys but then won't let anyone **** her. A tease.

Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 12:08 am
@contrex,
Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

you are very very boring. and having no clue at all!
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 05:54 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
Well, there seems to be a pattern in the Prime Numbers as well!
Did they lie to us at school??
ehh yes!!!
Are you lying about the pattern?
Yes.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 07:27 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quehoniaomath wrote:
Don't jump to fast to your conclusions. I am also busy with other things,
I will come with that for sure, I promise.

I f you stopped being so damn negative all the time. You don't even give me a change!

I am just very very very busy and in the meantime try to answer these postings.

so give me a break.

You've had a week to answer George's question.
http://able2know.org/topic/248628-3#post-5712804
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2014 11:52 am
well,

Quote:
According to a German chemist, Dr Peter Plichta, the Egyptians knew the secret to the hidden pattern of Prime Numbers. Imagine if you wrote the numbers from 1 to 24 in a circle, going clockwise,and the next 24 numbers concentrically around it, and you repeated these many rings of 24 consecutive numbers, have a guess where all the prime numbers would lie?
You guessed it, on 4 distinct diagonals or diameters that form the 4th Dimensional Templar Cross.

http://www.jainmathemagics.com/Editor/assets/webtemplarcross24rings.jpg

http://www.jainmathemagics.com/Editor/assets/webprime-number-sequence.jpg

Yet again, all the academic books are embarrassingly wrong, they educate our children that the Prime Number Series has no meaning nor pattern. I wonder why our military forces uses the higher end spectrum of this Prime Number Series for advanced encryption technology.
http://news.branyvnimani.cz/?article_id=10131