BoGoWo

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:36 pm
SCoates wrote:
Ooo! Someone do me!

we are sedately pretending that we didn't 'read' that! Shocked
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:43 pm
I mean, do me out of character... wait... I can think of three meanings for that. Um... do... me... oh crud, I already blew it again...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 05:09 am
SCoates is really Warren Beatty with his hat strategically dipped below one eye and an apricot scarf. He has over come his shyness and joins the gecko in the back seat singing Kung Fu Fightin
Kung Fu Fighting Lyrics
Artist(Band):Wang Chung

Kung Fu Fighting

Oh-oh-oh-oh...
Oh-oh-oh-oh...
Oh-oh-oh-oh...
Oh-oh-oh-oh...

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting,
Those kicks were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit fright'ning,
But they fought with expert timing.

There were funky China men
From funky Chinatown
They were chopping them up,
They were chopping them down
It's an ancient Chinese art,
And everybody knew their part
From a fainting to a slip,
And a kickin' from the hip.

But they fought with expert timing.

There was funky Billie Chin
And little Sammy Chung
He said, "Here comes the big boss, (Wha-ha)
Let's get it on."
We took the bow and made a stand,
Started swaying with the hand
A sudden motion made me stiff,
Now we're into a brand new trip.

those kicks were fast as lightning

Good mornin' grasshoppers
But they did it with expert timing.

Oh-oh-oh-oh...
Oh-oh-oh-oh...
Oh-oh-oh-oh...
Oh-oh-oh-oh...

(Keep on, Keep on, Keep on, Keep on, Show you.)

Make sure you have expert timing.

Kung Fu fighting, had to be fast as lightning...

(Oh-oh-oh-oh...
Oh-oh-oh-oh...
Oh-oh-oh-oh...
Oh-oh-oh-oh...)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 05:12 am
Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy.
Hong Kong Phooey, quicker than the human eye.

He's got style, a groovy style,
and a car that just won't stop.
When the going gets tough, he's really rough,
with a Hong Kong Phooey chop (Hi-Ya!)

Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy.
Hong Kong Phooey, quicker than the human eye.
Hong Kong Phooey, he's fan-riffic (gong!)

Sublime did a wicked remake of this TV theme...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 05:18 am
'Kung Fu Fighting' was actually penned by Jamaican-born Carl Douglas and peaked at #1 in 1974. Wang Chung just ripped him off. Here's the lowdown:

http://www.superseventies.com/sw_kungfufighting.html
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 05:19 am
and Cav has become a human discographic robot who spits out cd's and recipes at the drop of a Chinese character.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 05:21 am
Letty, I still own records, and 45s....remember those? Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 05:33 am
Unfortunately, yes. That was one interesting article, incidentally. Don't you think it odd that Bruce and Brandon Lee are gone where the good crows all go?

Stepping out of character and exploring a conspiracy theory that the Chinese mafia had them done in. Elementary, Cav.

Later, all.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 06:50 am
Letty wrote:
Unfortunately, yes. That was one interesting article, incidentally. Don't you think it odd that Bruce and Brandon Lee are gone where the good crows all go?

Stepping out of character and exploring a conspiracy theory that the Chinese mafia had them done in. Elementary, Cav.

Later, all.

Actually, I heard that Chinese mafia wannabes Wang Chung were responsible. They have lots of time on their hands, and I think they are very bitter people.
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 05:40 pm
When i can get out of bed in the morning and stop doing mathematics about which bill collector gets their money today becuase i finally sat down and made a real plan to pay every last cent back plus the interest.

----

I wanted to own a garage and be a head mechanic. someone people could count on and trust to fix their cars and trucks, plus run the gas station.

a nice clean but not sterile place with some character where my employeed and i would be personable and friendly.

im in the right location in small town america but not too far from the big city.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:23 pm
Ian, I love your name. Welcome to A2K.

My Ian wanted to be a garbage collector. <smile>

Step right up and welcome to the land of counterpane.

Stepping out of character? My friend, half the world's population wants a mechanic that they can trust, even the horse traders.

Tell us something about yourself, Ian.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 06:40 pm
Re: Stepping out of character.
Quote:
"Letty"]We all must do it once in a while.
Who would you pick to step out of character?

I'd pick McG to become a lesbian widow of a fallen war veteran, with a gay son of 21 and a promiscuous 16 year old daughter. Laughing

For myself, a little younger, blonde and shorter. (At 55 and at 6'2", it's damned hard to buy clothing that fits! Evil or Very Mad ) I'd be a perfect secretary for my husband Sam. I'd have a very frilly home, be content to read romance novels, go to the local PTA (with or without children of my own) and be a regular "Suzy Homemaker. Politically, I'd be very conservative and never, ever get into heated discussions about politics or my Christian beliefs.

Sam says,"What happened to my scrappy little Darling? You didn't just step out of character, you stepped off the planet!" Shocked
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 07:59 pm
Wi, Finally--FINALLY an American Indian... Smile and with a man named Sam? "Wi" not with a boy named Sioux?

Stay one, please. Let the ghosts dance where they may.

Goodnight, my friends. From a WASP whose waist doesn't match the metaphor.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 08:10 pm
IAN442 wrote:
I wanted to own a garage and be a head mechanic. someone people could count on and trust to fix their cars and trucks, plus run the gas station.

a nice clean but not sterile place with some character where my employeed and i would be personable and friendly.

im in the right location in small town america but not too far from the big city.

Ian, I have your garage's perfect name. The name was used here in Tulsa, OK for a few years before the owners moved to California.

Honest Engine.

(It's true. Is that perfect or what?!)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 08:14 pm
Wiyaka, even if you were 5'6", 130 lbs. and 30 years old, it would STILL be damned hard to find clothing that fits. Don't ask me why they do this. Grrrrr....

(No, that doesn't describe me now, but it once did.)

Are you SURE you don't want to go back to the Men's Department? I'd dearly love to walk up to a salesperson and say, "34/36 Levis, please" and know they'd fit without trying them on. Or "16/35 blue dress shirt." Or 36" belt....you get the point. SO much easier.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 11:16 pm
Eva,

This thread is about being out of character. However, I think I should share a few things that some here already may or not know. It isn't the clothing that makes a man or a woman, haven't you learned that yet? Smile It's in your heart, mind and your genes, not Levi's either. BBB has a thread about how scientists have proven that we are different genetically from other men and women. Like many others that I've met, I knew at a very early age that I was and am different.

The Lakota have a word for people like myself, Winkte (Pronounced Wink tay) literally translates to "neither man nor woman. Traditionally, Winkte, by whatever name the people use or used, were common amongst most tribal people. Even in europe before the nations formed, there were people such as myself.

A very small number of us still try to fulfill the traditional role our Winkte forefathers/mothers had. That life is one of commitment to helping people. It is very well respected by traditional peoples. Some are Healers of the Healers, caretakers for the elderly and sometimes children. Some follow a Spiritual Path and assist with and/or do Ceremonies on their own. We are givers of names and it's considered an honor to receive a name from a Winkte. We are teachers, mediators, counselors (often doing marriage counselling, because we understand both men and women) and advisors to the Community or Tribal Council...without having a vote on the outcome of things discussed. Some even marry, usually a man. Crazy Horse had a Winkte wife. Some of us do one or more of these things

There is also a traditional role for woman such as Sam. Wioptula (pronounced we op too la) is best translated to mean "woman warrior". There are recorded cases of the wonderful women becoming war chiefs. One was Chief Kate of the Cheyenne, whose picture hangs in our home. There were Wioptula in other native nations, some even marrying other women. (Gee, that sounds familiar. :wink: )

BTW, in the Native American communities that Sam and I travel in, often think of us as "The Oddest Couple." We don't fit any definite label, except Winkte and Wioptula. Even those within the Two Spirit Community will admit this. We're no better than anyone, just different. "Male and female" is fluid with us.

I own no man's clothing at all. Tshirts and pants show the changes in my body, where hormones have tricked it. No honey, I don't miss living or being that way. I wouldn't wish my life on anyone, but I wouldn't swap it for the world!

So, I guess another way for me to be out of character would be to go in "drag", as a man. I'd use rough language, drink, carouse with women, wear Levis a denim shirt, western belt, boots and scratch my crotch. I'd demand that Sam keep house and have dinner ready as soon as I came back from fishing, hunting or drinking. I'd lie like heck, cheat on Sam and pinch or insult waitresses. I'd know I was always right, 'cause I'd be a real man. I'd tell crude jokes, not caring who was insulted. I'd be the first to start a fistfight and grin at my opponents injuries.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's not me. I couldn't even force myself to go in "drag" on Holloween. I threatened it about four years ago at a gay club and it made people sputter,spray drinks and choke at the thought. Just seeing that reaction to the thought made the suggestion worthwhile Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 10:24 am
Eva, interesting coincidence, the owners of Honest Engine moved to my town...
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 11:03 am
out of character. for me that would be knowing what's going on in the political arena and starting threads on the political side of the forum nearly daily. OR - arguing for the case of atheism (gasp)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 11:16 am
onyxelle, starting threads in the Political forum is easy these days. Just start with an inflammatory statement about Bush or Kerry, and you're off and running. Actually knowing anything about the issues doesn't generally seem to be a prerequisite, but we do still have our few brave fighters who do know, thankfully.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 11:18 am
Oh, I almost forgot. Don't forget to copy and paste an op-ed piece about whichever side from a completely unreliable source as proof of your position. Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 02:52:14