1
   

"In the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh!"

 
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 09:59 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
. . . . Why take a chance on being condemned to hell and then destroyed in the Lake of Fire for ever for a bit of foolish now? What sort of pleasure could be worth your own soul?
Tell us more about this Lake of Fire, WT. What happens when death and hell are thrown into it? Does that mean death will be no more?

If these thought don't stir your memory, I will provide citations.
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 02:52 pm
@neologist,
yes--because life on earth will end after 1000 years of millennial reign.
0 Replies
 
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 03:03 pm
@neologist,
Death and Hell will be cast into the Lake of Fire. Life on earth will end after the 1,000 years of Jesus's Kingdom--not Jehovah's mind you and all evil doers will be consumed in its fire.

All saints will be with the LORD Himself forever in spirit form.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2014 03:24 pm
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 08:36 am
@edgarblythe,
ha, ha, ha, he, he, he, lol, lol, lol!!
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 11:29 am
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
All saints will be with the LORD Himself forever in spirit form.
Have you considered what those 'saints'will be doing in heaven? (Revelation 5:10)

And how long will that last? (Psalm 104:5)

You seem to forget God's purpose for Adam and Eve was for their descendants to inhabit the earth forever. What makes you contend that God would change his purpose?

BTW, if life on earth is insufficient for you, can you explain why so many angels would give up their relationship with God in exchange for a few years of life here?
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 01:14 pm
@neologist,
The millennial rein of Jesus will last only 1,000 years. If The Lord wanted us to live forever on the earth then why did people start to live less time on the earth after creation? Methuselah lived to almost 1,000 years. How many of your family members or neighbors are living to that age? Originally, perhaps God wanted man to inhabit the earth forever, but man decided to disobey GOD's word. That is when everything changed.

To think that we are going to live on the earth forever is not founded on scripture. In fact the Bible explicitly states that heaven and earth will pass away.

Let me ask you this Neo, Acts the 2nd chapter. How do you explain that passage of scripture? Have you received the Holy Ghost as the early church did?
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2014 06:28 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
The millennial rein of Jesus will last only 1,000 years. If The Lord wanted us to live forever on the earth then why did people start to live less time on the earth after creation? Methuselah lived to almost 1,000 years. How many of your family members or neighbors are living to that age? Originally, perhaps God wanted man to inhabit the earth forever, but man decided to disobey GOD's word. That is when everything changed.
UUH!.. Did you forget that if Adam and Eve had not disobeyed, they would still be alive? . . .
So you're saying the God who inspired Isaiah to write " For this is what Jehovah says, The Creator of the heavens, the true God, The One who formed the earth, its Maker who firmly established it, Who did not create it simply for nothing,* but formed it to be inhabited . . . (Isaiah 45:18) The God whose very name is a promise meaning "He who causes to become" has had his purpose trashed by a rebel whom he will soon bruise in the head?

I don't think so . . . . .
worldtraveler24 wrote:
To think that we are going to live on the earth forever is not founded on scripture. In fact the Bible explicitly states that heaven and earth will pass away.
OK, let's examine that text from 2nd Peter: 10-14 "10 But Jehovah’s day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be exposed.
11 Since all these things are to be dissolved in this way, consider what sort of people you ought to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion, 12 as you await and keep close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah, through which the heavens will be destroyed in flames and the elements will melt in the intense heat! 13 But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell." do I need to remind you that the words "heavens" and "earth" are often used symbolically to refer to "governments" and "peoples"? How else could the "earth"of Noah's time have been destroyed?
worldtraveler24 wrote:
Let me ask you this Neo, Acts the 2nd chapter. How do you explain that passage of scripture? Have you received the Holy Ghost as the early church did?
If you are referring to God's holy spirit, his active force, by which he guides us, comforts us, and teaches us, then yes, I have received it. But if you are referring to the word 'ghost' as an intelligent being, then you have not done your research into the meaning of the words.

You need to refine your research.
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 02:05 pm
@neologist,
Neo,

I respect your position; however, you have to keep in mind that God did not have a foiled plan but in His fore knowledge knew all of this would happen ( deception in the garden and the fall of man) as it has and will. With that in mind, God never made a secondary plan to the first plan that he had. He cast Satan out of heaven well before He made man in His image and knew that Satan was the prince and the power of the air.

Let's skip a beat and then go back: ...Jesus said that when he shall say in that day, "Well done, my good and faithful servant, enter into the joys that were prepared for you from the foundation of the world..." we will be entering into the Kingdom of Heaven. It in no wise leads us to believe that we will be entering into an earthly kingdom. If this is not your belief please provide proof. because for me, this is assumed as there is no scripture on which to base this belief.

As far as the Holy Spirit, what I mean to ask you is did you receive it as they did in the Book of Acts? Did you speak in an unknown language as the Spirit of God gave the utterance?
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 06:18 pm
@worldtraveler24,
Prove that God knew of the rebellion in advance.

For that is what the non believers assert.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  2  
Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2014 11:37 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:
. . . It in no wise leads us to believe that we will be entering into an earthly kingdom. If this is not your belief please provide proof. because for me, this is assumed as there is no scripture on which to base this belief.
Quote:
11 But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. (Psalm 37:11)
Quote:
“Happy are the mild-tempered, since they will inherit the earth.(Matthew 5:5)
Quote:
21 For only the upright will reside in the earth,
And the blameless* will remain in it.
22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth,
And the treacherous will be torn away from it. (Proverbs 2:21,22)
worldtraveler24 wrote:
As far as the Holy Spirit, what I mean to ask you is did you receive it as they did in the Book of Acts? Did you speak in an unknown language as the Spirit of God gave the utterance?
Are you talking about 1 Corinthians 14:2? Have you noticed the word unknown appears either in brackets or italics in the KJV? That is because the word does not appear in any Greek manuscript. Paul informs us tongues will cease (1 Corinthians 13:8) So why would I participate in such an exercise?
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 08:27 am
@neologist,
Neo,

Thanks for the reply.

Your view of the following scripture is quite limited.

The meek shall inherit the earth is a passage that refers to the rule over the earth. The Lord said that we will be kings and priests ruling with Him. Who are the meek? What does the word meek mean? It is like a tamed horse. A horse left to run wild is of no use to its master despite the fact that it has an abundance of strength and power. The meek are the same: they have power that has been bridled --let no man think of himself more highly than he ought to think. This is meekness. Therefore, those who will inherit the earth are those who have learned to submit their own power and self-will to the master, JESUS CHRIST. We then will inherit the earth as rulers --we will spiritually rule and judge the nations of the world. "Be thou ruler over ten cities.'

Back to your interpretation...What I would like to know is if what you are saying is correct what transformation will happen from the current earth to the new earth and when? What do you define as this new earth that the meek will inherit? Additionally, will you be in your current body or will you be transformed into another one?

With all of that said, the Holy Ghost experience is necessary to your salvation. Read the 2nd chapter of the Book of Acts. Peter commanded them to be baptized in water in the name of Jesus for the remission of their sins as a result he said they would receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. All who received the Holy Ghost or Spirit as you say, spoke with other tongues as the Spirit of God gave them the utterance.

This experience is what the early church received. The requirements to be in the church have not changed. I would suggested you study a bit deeper than what you have. Tongues will cease after salvation is complete--after we are glorified but not until then. Paul was speaking about the Gifts of the Spirit --not the infilling of the Holy Ghost--two separate and distinct actions. Gifts of the Spirit come to those who have the Holy Spirit and one of them is the Gift of Divers Kinds of Tongues. This is for the edifying of the church.

If you don't participate in this exercise you will not be part of the church--that is quite clear throughout the Book of Acts. Romans the 8th chapter states quite clearly that if any man have not the Spirit of Christ he is none of the Lords.

The Biblical way for the infilling of the Holy Spirit is evidenced by speaking in tongues. --it is all there in the scripture.
0 Replies
 
TheTruthIsHere
 
  1  
Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 06:41 am
@worldtraveler24,
I have received the Holy Ghost since I believed. God woke me up to the reality we live in. Why so many people kill themselves, and why so many are starving in a non-perfect world. We can change this. No one has to suffer anymore. Lets make this world Gods again.
0 Replies
 
TheTruthIsHere
 
  1  
Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2015 06:43 am
@worldtraveler24,
God is all and God is everything. No one knows his real name. Jehovah is a name given by us, not Him, himself.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 08/04/2020 at 03:26:25