How long before Jesus crossed the line?

chai2

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 05:48 pm
Watching documentaries, reading books and articles about cults in the modern era got me thinking about the ministry of Jesus (assuming for a moment there was such a person)

It seems a lot of these cults and the leaders start out with good intentions, and indeed do a lot of good (at first).

Then, either becoming corrupted from the power, or finally letting their agenda out, things go sour.

If Jesus hadn't supposedly been killed after 3 or 3 1/2 years of preaching, I wonder if today there would be so many Christians. Perhaps after another year or two or three Jesus would have started telling his followers to bring him their virgins so he could create gods on earth. Maybe that deal of giving up your worldly possessions would change to, bring your worldly possessions to me. Would the righteous killings be far behind?

Just a thought.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 413 • Replies: 3
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 07:11 pm
I can see him in middle age - pot bellied, bald on top, standing on a street corner, wearing a sandwich board, red-eyed from all that wine - Little kids tossing stones at him. "Y'all go home now. Hey. Tell your parents come on down for the healing show, at nine."
chai2

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 07:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, that's true.

Maybe he wouldn't have become such a big deal. After a few more years of wandering around, maybe villagers would find something else more interesting. Just like today.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 08:05 pm
@chai2,
Your last paragraph puts me in mind of an old country song, the name of which I've forgotten. Something that included "They tell us to send our money to Jesus, but they always give us their own address.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How long before Jesus crossed the line?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:42:30