Spices as make-up?

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:21 pm
Like many other teenage girls, I am starting to become curious about make up. (I don't want the whole natural beauty talk, so please save it. Thanks!) I'm worried about disappointing my mom with this, since she doesn't wear any make up. Also because of this, I can't steal hers. Point is, I want to find alternatives around the house. Is it a bad idea to put spices that close to my eyes (I plan to use it as eye shadow)? If so, what are some other alternative?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 875 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 10:31 pm
@Mika Anna,
As a general principle, I suggest you don't do it. The stuff just hasn't been tested for constant skin contact, nor close to the eyes for that matter. Anyhow, I can't imagine any common spices looking right as a cosmetic.

I tend to err on the side of safety, but I just can't see any benefit.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 11:34 pm
@Mika Anna,
Why on earth would you use spices for makeup? You'd make yourself look strange and people would know immediately. What spices are you thinking of using?

If you tried doing that, it could be embarrassing as well as irritate your skin. I'd suggest talking it over with your mom. Or just buy some makeup at a store. If you need money to buy the makeup, you could try earning it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 07:49 am
@Mika Anna,
Go to a drug store and buy some real makeup. It has been tested and will not be an irritant. Spices - egad, what are you thinking, girl? - a lot of them will give you major league irritation. Anything that is at all 'hot' will probably make your under eye area swell up something fierce.
0 Replies