The Story about my Experience that could mean God exists.

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 03:57 am
Quote:
Jonetski said: nobody can really prove 100% sure that big bang happened.

The universe is expanding just like it started with an explosion or big bang, so that's pretty good evidence..Smile
And the whole of Israel and the roman garrison saw Jesus performing miracles, so that's pretty good evidence for him too..Smile
He also said any of us could do miracles too, if we knew how, so your curtain-blowing phenomena might mean you accidentally stumbled onto the secret of doing miracles that one time.
Try again and get it on video, you'll go viral and become famous overnight..Smile
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 05:46 am
@Jonetski,
I don't hate you. I really couldn't care less what you choose to believe. When you post something on a message board like this you are opening up a discussion and you will get some opinions you don't like. If you want everyone to tell you how amazing it was and isn't your god wonderful then you should have posted it on a Christian message board. I would respect your position if you could at least attempt to answer the questions I posed. But instead you just got defensive and offended. I'm used to that in internet debates about the existence of gods which is why I don't usually bother with them. But you're young and I was interested to see how you would respond. I commented on your education because I have a daughter your age and I would expect her to think more critically about something like this.
The other thing about this message board is that you don't get to decide whether I stay or go.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 07:49 am
@Jonetski,
What has happened is that everyone has interpreted this story based on what they already believe. Don't be surprised, it was bound to happen.

If the Angel Gabriel appeared to Setanta he'd put it down to something in the water, and if Romeo found a fiver down the back of the sofa he'd thank Jesus for putting it there.
Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 08:08 am
@izzythepush,
Keep my name out of your posts, you snide, ignorant little gobshite.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 08:26 am
@Setanta,
You resorting to insults at the drop of a hat is something else that's so very predictable.

You're like a computer programme with only three functions.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 08:27 am
Quote:
Izzy said: If the Angel Gabriel appeared to Setanta he'd put it down to something in the water

Good, good, all true Christians would do that too..Smile

"..for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:13/14)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 10:25 am
@izzythepush,
We have more in common than we might have at first believed.

Except you do have an unusually shaped head.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 11:12 am
@izzythepush,
Truly, you don't understand irony.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 11:19 am
@Setanta,
That's right, because you Americans have got such a great track record in getting irony.
Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 11:21 am
@izzythepush,
The typical Izzy the Putz insult. You start with insults, such as you nasty comment about how i would react in a certain situation. It's a meme among the rest of the world that Americans don't get irony. Then i see someone like you, and wonder how the hell anyone ever arrived at such a conclusion.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 11:30 am
@Setanta,
You behave as predictably as ever, then when it's pointed out you say you're being ironic. That's not irony, that's just a lame excuse.

Not only that, it's completely predictable.

I really don't want to have this conversation all over again. It would be nice, just for once, to have a different conversation. Try to do something surprising for once. You could start by apologising to Jonetski for brutally trampling over what she thought was a spiritual experience.

You could admit that you don't know everything, try a bit of civility for once.

Now that really would be ironic.
Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 11:34 am
@izzythepush,
You're the one who doesn't get the irony. You drag me into this with an insult, and then say i start out with insults. You are asking for civility after dragging me into this with an insult? I didn't trample over anything. I just aked the author if s/he would be interested in purchasing a bridge. What a ******* idiot.
neologist

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 12:27 pm
Welcome to the cookout!
http://www.smiley-lol.com/smiley/manger/cuisiner/mange8.gif
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 03:10 pm
@Setanta,
I never insulted you, I just used you as an example. Asking someone if they want to buy a bridge, unless you're a dentist, is insulting, suggesting they're very gullible, and you're so much cleverer than they are.

You're not a dentist. You don't have to be civil to me, now that would be a ******* miracle, just to people who happen along wanting to share their experiences. You could try not being so waspish for a change. You could, but you won't.

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 03:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah it was an insult. You have no idea how i would react to such a situation. I'm not the arch-atheist around here, you know. I'm an implicit atheist (if you even know what that means), so you didn't need to use me as an example, in your typical waspish manner. If you don't like how i talk to you, then don't talk to me and don't talk about me, you puling little hypocrite.
neologist

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 07:52 pm
When one seeks an example, why not choose the paragon, the quintessential, the utmost, the prime example?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 01:44 am
You just love to stir the turd lately.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 01:54 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I'm not the arch-atheist around here, you know.

There's two sorts of people in this world, those who feel the need to tell everyone their belief system and those who don't. You're definitely of the former category, and you're very much like Romeo.

You're both full of it, he's a bit more racist that you, and you're a bit more insulting, but you both think you're the paramount expert on everything under the sun. And both of you think you deserve some kind of special treatment. If only you could see yourselves as others see you.

Someone pmd me after I'd had a disagreement with Romeo, and put him down with my usual cheery bonhomie. I told said person that the worst thing about Romeo, from my point of view at least, was he was English.

Said person told me not to worry and used you as an example of a 'perfect ass,' now I would have said horses instead of perfect, and arse instead of ass, but we're quibbling over minutiae. The point is, that out of all the American posters who could possibly qualify as a 'perfect ass' you were the first point of call.

And that's one of the reasons you make such a good example, one might say a 'perfect,' example.
Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 02:08 am
@izzythepush,
Oooo . . . the bile just oozes from your pores.

Being an implicit atheist is not about a belief system, bright boy. It's a result of not believing something. This is an excellent example of your usual hysterical rush to attack anyone you don't like. You brought up the idea of me being an atheist, i didn't. Oh . . . someone "pm'd" you--how convenient. Now you have an excuse to dodge being asked to quote a post, something you never do anyway.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 04:24 am
@Setanta,
It's about a belief system where you're concerned. I'm not attacking someone I don't like, you provide me with lots of free entertainment and chuckles. Admittedly not so much now as before, but that's not your fault, after a while your responses all get a bit samey, it was bound to happen.

Maybe the pm was convenient, and you can find solace in telling yourself I've just made it up if you want to. I don't give a monkeys either way, but I bet they're not the only person on A2K who thinks you're a 'perfect ass.'