HELP! WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO USE THIS WONDERFUL SITE?

kuvasz

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:05 pm
as a newbie i have cruised the site and wonder if there is a good way to start for me to delve into A2K.

Usually, I review those posts since my last log in, then i check each forum for a topic of interest, note the first last posts, reading a few pages of the start and end of the thread, if these posts appear interesting, i procede to review the entire thread.. and of course revel in seeing the monikers (and cool avatars) of old friends.

and for old friends, the following

http://aja.freehosting.net/images/little_kodi_aja_i_tug_a_war_sc_93small.jpg

okeydokey, the pix did not display, even though I linked it from the same source as my avatar. how do I post pix inthe posting mode? I read the FAQ and thought I had done it right.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,392 • Replies: 11
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:08 pm
Cute wittle puppie dawgs!

I use the "View topics with posts since your last visit" link mostly and switch to "View topics you have posted in" periodically when I feel over-whelmed.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:11 pm
Hmmm.. Well... That's a verra good question...

Once you've been here for a bit looking in the "View topics with posts since your last visit" might not be to bad but if you don't pop in daily it can get to be a bit of over-load.

You can always go through the "Forum Index" and find forums of interest and see what's new since your last visit too. Maybe that wouldn't be quite as much of an overload all at once.

In previous discussions on site navigation it seems everyone develops their own preferred method of finding their way around. There doesn't seem to be any "best" that suits all.

Welcome aboard btw!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:13 pm
ohhhhhh, those dogs are gorgeous! i follow littlek's "protocol" for the most part. Every now and then i toss in a look at 'topics not replied to'.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 09:51 pm
Hi Kuvasz! I am mmediane on abuzz. Good advice already, just keep looking and posting. You'll make a great addition.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2002 11:48 pm
Opposite 'view topics . . . ' is another option 'View topics you have posted in'. I don't use it often, but when inadvertantly leaving the site and losing the topics since last visit, it is helpful.

Sometimes, I will view the membership list, especially the end to see who the newest members are. If there is a note indicating their number of posts, I often click on their names to go to profile. From there, you can track down their posts and say 'hi'.

akaRoger
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 12:08 am
aloha kuvasz, remember you on afuzz. i use <view topics you have posted in> first. then just wander around after that. it's fairly easy to navigate the site. welcome, and enjoy.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 01:39 am
Hi there Kuvasz and welcome. I also follow Littlek's way around. I guess everyone has their own ways of doing things and in time you'll find the way that makes you most comfortable. Have a great time. This is an awsome place :-D
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 09:14 am
Psst - kuvasz - you can get a pic to display in a post by typing [img] in front of the url and [/img] behind the url (don't use any spaces). Go in and click edit on that post and you'll be able to see what I did.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 02:47 pm
I guess we all have a different method of maneuvering the site.

Normally, I go to:

Control Panel
Posts from the last 24 hrs.

... then take it from there.

Enjoy your experience here, I'm sure you'll love it as much as we do:)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 03:22 pm
WELCOME

kuvasz

Smile Laughing Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 30 Dec, 2002 04:04 pm
Hi Kuvasz!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » HELP! WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO USE THIS WONDERFUL SITE?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 08:49:37