What's The Catch For Credit Karma.Com?

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 02:10 pm
anyone?

Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 02:19 pm
I have been using it for over a year and I haven't found one yet. I have never been billed to use it and my spam folder didn't increase in activity. It actually went a long way to helping me understand how to leverage my credit to my advantage.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 02:43 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_credit_report_websites
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 02:44 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I have been using it for over a year and I haven't found one yet. I have never been billed to use it and my spam folder didn't increase in activity. It actually went a long way to helping me understand how to leverage my credit to my advantage.

Wow! Thanks for that, Baldimo.

I've been wondering the same thing Bear asked...and Nancy and I have speculated about it often.

But neither of us need a credit report...so we have never even tried it out.

Seems incredible that they would spend so much money advertising a service they give out free!

Gotta be a gimmick. Gotta be a catch.

But what!

The mystery thickens.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 04:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I guess you could say that the catch is you don't get a full report. From what I can tell it works by looking at several of your credit scores and does an average. I haven't had a reason to pull a full credit report until the last week or so. I'm going to pull it and see how it relates to what the credit company is saying.

It isn't perfect and fully detailed but it gives you enough information to know what you need to do to help yourself. It's a game that I'm just learning the rules to.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 14 May, 2014 06:26 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Sucker list. There's no free lunch on the internet.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 06:02 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Just tried it. It didn't even ask me for my full SS#, just the last four. I haven't received any spam mail either. According to Wikipedia, they are supported by advertising.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 10:18 am
@engineer,
No spam, AND supported by advertising?
roger

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 11:07 am
@bobsal u1553115,
"Spam Mail" he said.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 05:37 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
It’s not accurate it’s an average of your credit score, that’s all.

Try having your credit report checked by Experian and compare it to credit karma.

If you apply for a credit card or car loan they’re not going to run your credit report through Credit Karma.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's The Catch For Credit Karma.Com?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 05:14:59