I had an elder moment yesterday - dogs

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 07:43 pm
So, a month or two ago, a cat showed up 40 feet from my back windowed door and when I opened the door, it fled. I looked around, but gone. I live across the street from the petroglyphs, so I worry. The cat turned out to be Maggie, who does this, and knows her way home, which I suspected. I may need to get snacks for Maggie, so I can call the owner if necessary, but he's sanguine. Worried but sanguine. And maybe snacks are just the wrong thing to do.

A couple of weeks ago, I was putting something into my trash can that I'd just put on the street and I saw a darling dog running free. I tried to entice it, making myself small, no go. It ran under the neighbor's car, but not really the neighbor's car. I rang their bell and a guy just pulling his suspenders up answered (no one I recognize, but I don't know all re my neighbor's family and lovers or helpers). While we were looking, sweet dog ran back into the house. I saw him and a woman going into the house a couple of days ago, and we both waved.

Yesterday, I was coming back from the grocery store and was relaxing and near my block when I saw a small white dog on the street below mine. I paused, but went to my house and parked and walked back. I'm not the most stable person on my feet, and whacked my head on some wire sticking out from a fence while getting there. It turned out to be two dogs, both small. I enraged them by being. They circled and semi attacked. I'm pretty good at getting dogs to like me, but this was a new instance. I take it this may be their mode and the neighborhood isn't full of cars, but.. still. They crossed and ran up the next street. Both darling, guessing one is a dachshund.

I didn't call whatever dog patrol is here in Abq - they'd be in Alaska before the dog cops showed up. What would you do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,657 • Replies: 1
No top replies

vonny

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 02:39 am
@ossobuco,
Do you have a branch of the ASPCA in your area? Or a similar organisation who might help and advise on the best course of action.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I had an elder moment yesterday - dogs
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 09:39:10