Jay-z Da Grey Album

jazzy1

Reply Mon 3 May, 2004 01:27 pm
There is a new cd called the grey album wit songs mixed from jay-z and the beetles black and white albums.1st can somebody tell me what site i can get the cd songs download from?2nd if you heard it how do u like it? Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,265 • Replies: 8
No top replies

nimh

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 12:43 pm
Here's a site where you can d/l the individual tracks. Or just use some p2p agent. Its not like the album's for sale - the whole thing's illegal after all.

I d/l'd some of the tracks. Brilliant idea, first off. Very brave to wanna mix the Beatles and Jay-Z. And quite something, too - musta been painstaking work. DJ Danger Mouse actually dissected each Beatles track into tiny parts and reconstructed those to go with the Jay-Z tracks. No crude mixing job here.

And all that knowing that all he could do at the end would be throw it to the p2p pirates - what, cause he would never get a legal release outa it. Gutsy.

Doesnt mean result's all good too, tho. What More Can I Say (While My Guitar Gently Weeps) is amazing. It carries power. It really pushes you back. Its fierce. Damn.

I also got Encore, 99 Problems, Dirt Off Your Shoulder and Change Clothes. I didnt like Change Clothes at all, sounded silly, deleted it. Didnt like 99 Problems much either, just a stomper of a track. Dirt Off Your Shoulder is pretty clever, tho. And Encore is a strong mix, strong track (even if I'm not like playing it a whole lot).

Well, thaz my take, anyway.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 12:49 pm
Heh - thread's got >60 views. Funny. Probly cause its the #1 result for a Google search on the thing if you misspell "beatles".
0 Replies

ledbetter

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 04:31 pm
there are actually over 20 different albums circulating right now that are a combination of the Jay-Z vocal tracks and music from other bands. some of the other ones that i remember offhand are with weezer and fugazi.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 31 May, 2004 05:18 pm
Few of 'em made it to CNN, tho ;-)

But yeh - here's an item about the Double Black Album, mix-up of Jay-Z and Metallica's Black Album, for example ...
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 04:28 am
Yeah I think all those other mix-albums popped up because a lot of djs wanted to show their sympathy for DJ Danger Mouse who got in some trouble over his release of the grey album.
As for me I can say that I have listened to two other albums so far and the grey album is by far the best.
Didn't like jay-z too much, but the grey album definitely rocks.
0 Replies

Garybaldi

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 02:08 pm
ummm i thought the grey album was a mix of metallica's black album and the beatle's white album... but i think ure right!!!
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 12:28 pm
Yep cause:
Grey Album = Jay-Z VS Tha Beatles
Black on Black Album (or something similar to that) = Jay-Z VS Metallica
0 Replies

Garybaldi

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 01:41 am
oh i see!
cheers! Wink
0 Replies