Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 12:31 pm
I can't believe I'm only a2k participant having this difficulty with Mac Mail. If you haven't encountered it yourself I don't expect a response but if you have and can tell me how to restore it to default state, I'd like to hear from you when you have the chance

In Mac Mail Sent and Trash (and only occasionally Inbox) don't work the same way they did, that is to list each and every message. Since Mac's last major revision, in these listings it combines related messages--apparently those having the same title--into a single entry, often making it difficult or next to impossible to find the one desired

Evidently then the only way around it is never to use the same title on two different messages, a requirement so stupid and next to impossible it makes one wonder about the IQ of guy who write Mac's editing routines

Or is it that I'm alone here, that I've brought this about with a single inadvertentkeystroke. (Testimony to the noted incompetence and typical of these PC "experts" was their inability to recognize misspelling in the foregoing sentence as two words)

Help, anyone else whom Mac so tortures, with many thanks at least for reading this posting

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 02:13 pm
@dalehileman,
Have never seen how Mac mail functions, but my instincts say to look for a setting in preferences that turns on/off the feature of grouping similar mail together.

Might also do a search on a phrase such as Mac Mail group mail by subject to see if there are other complaints and solutions out there.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 02:20 pm
@Butrflynet,
Here are results from such a search

http://www.thewebernets.com/2011/11/09/how-to-stop-osx-mac-mail-threadinggrouping-emails-and-conversations-together/

How to stop OSX Mac Mail threading/grouping emails and conversations together

http://www.thewebernets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/turn-off-grouping.jpg

Apparently, you want to look for this menu item and unmark the organize by conversation option. Apparently,not can't be done globally and must be done with each grouped conversation.

This post is from 2011 so perhaps a more current and better solution can be found with additional searching.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 04:51 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
look for a setting in preferences
Thanks But, of course you're right about that but it's a major undertaking so hoped somebody might save me an entire morning scrolling around there
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 05:02 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Here are results from such a search
Wow But, thanks most profoundly

Don't know how I missed it, I can only blame my age with incipient Alz's
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 05:57 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
how to restore it to default state

I find you to be rather intelligent. What's wrong.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:00 pm
@anonymously99,
Quote:
I find you to be rather intelligent

Why thank you 99

Quote:
What's wrong
Laziness
anonymously99

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 08:37 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh dear, I need new glasses.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Mac Mail revisited
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:31:39