Need of help!

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:20 am
Hi! I am in a very confusing situation. I am 15 and live in India. I am in 9th standard an am giving my 10th board next december.
So here's it. I am planning on studying animation after 12th. I have already learnt art and design. I am also planning to study minor animation a few years and then study somewhere out of India. I have already talked to my parents and they have no objection.
So some time ago my teacher told me that I should take English literature as major. I do not hate it but I had already decided on animation. I told her about that but she just went to my parents and told them I should study literature. So my parents are urging me to do as she says.
So before you think that my parents are absurd, I'll just say that there in fact was a when I thought about literature because I love it too. Now all these thing have very much confused me. I have my parents telling me the benefits of studying literature but I really want animation. Also I don't want to hurt my parents. What should I do
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 569 • Replies: 5
No top replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:31 am
@Krrypton,
Literature and animation are both forms of moving stories along. Animation is a form of writing, literature forms the cultural building blocks that could be animated. Do both. Literature could enrich your animation.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 08:04 am
You must be able to tell the story to go with your illustrations. By studying literature you will learn how to do this in the style that compliments your animation.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 08:22 am
Agree with PUNKEY on this. It will be a good move and place you with a solid foundation.
0 Replies

Krrypton

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:50 pm
^Wouldn't it take too long to study both?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 07:56 pm
@Krrypton,
Straight animation graduates do not find it easy to find employment. It is like having an MBA with an undergrad degree in business. You need something else to make you stand out in the employment market.

An animation grad with a background in literature might have a better chance than a straight animation grad. No guarantees, but animation is a tough field to enter.
0 Replies