Pat Robertson: Jews Are Too Busy ‘Polishing Diamonds’ to Tinker With Cars, Mow Lawns

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 08:50 am
Pat Robertson: Jews Are Too Busy ‘Polishing Diamonds’ to Tinker With Cars, Mow Lawns
If there's one thing we know about Pat Robertson — he doesn't mince words.

The televangelist, and former GOP presidential candidate, delivered another zinger Monday, when he welcomed conservative activist, Rabbi Daniel Lapin to his Christian Broadcasting Network show “The 700 Club.” Lapin was there to promote his book “Business Secrets From the Bible” about making money.

Robertson started the interview by asking, “What is it about Jewish people that make them prosper financially? You almost never find Jews tinkering with their cars on the weekends or mowing their lawns.”

Lapin didn't appear the least bit surprised or insulted. In fact, he agreed with Robertson. “No, I pay one of the best mechanics around to take care of my BMW. That's what I do. I'd be crazy to take my time doing it myself,” Lapin said. “Or for me to mow my lawn, I'm the worse lawn mower in the world, but the young man who lives down the street from me, he's one of the best and he's happy to do it. I'm happy.” Later in the interview, Robertson joked that Jews are “polishing diamonds, not fixing cars.”

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/pat-robertson-jews-too-busy-polishing-diamonds-tinker-023600085.html

Foofie

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 11:49 am
@bobsal u1553115,
My point is that if suburban Jews did their own lawn mowing, a passing neighbor might comment that "Jews are too cheap to pay a teenager to mow their lawns."

My point being that anti-Semites have a pejorative comment about Jews, one way or the other. Sort of like the comment that I heard about my preferring to exercise by walking. Yup. "The air is free." That explained my penchant for walking.

You see, there is a large contingent of Gentiles that never comment about anyone else's preferences, but since Jews are perceived as an easy target, with no repercussions, they get all the venom of Gentiles with issues about those that are perceived as different (difference is bad for many on the bellcurve). Also, bullying is endemic in the secular Gentile community.

I think what is not understood is that those that own and run this country find Jews as a valuable resource, plus those folks can cloister themselves away from Jews and Catholics and other "undesirables." So, if the truth be known, those that own and run the country would rather have Jews here, than the guy who makes the lawnmower comment. Just my opinion. But, I think I am correct.

Krumple

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 11:59 am
@bobsal u1553115,
"Jews Are Too Busy ‘Polishing Diamonds’"

Says the guy with a diamond mine.. You can't get any more ironic than that.

Pat is just a troll who managed to make it to television. I feel bad for anyone who takes him seriously.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 12:58 pm
@Foofie,
Jews and Catholics and "other undesirables"? I thought Catholics and "other undesirables" were Gentiles.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 02:56 pm
@InfraBlue,
Everybody is somebody else's "undesirable". Ask Finn what he thinks of me.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2014 03:06 pm
Jews really?! In general?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 08:16 am
@Germlat,
That's the nature of generalizations, at least most of them. In Robertson's mind.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 5 Apr, 2014 08:32 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Someone please remind foofie that he believes in the term Judeophobic, not anti Semite. At least he corrected me regarding that particular bigoted opinion. At least be consistent, for Christ's sake.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 06:16 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Jews and Catholics and "other undesirables"? I thought Catholics and "other undesirables" were Gentiles.

I am not talking from the perspective of Jews. I was talking from the perspective of those who own and run the country. If you do not know who, it is not for me to tell you.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2014 05:32 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

It took me awhile to understand your inference. Many Gentiles might think that Jews consider Gentiles as "undesirables." That is the conclusion of those Gentiles perhaps that do not meet the standards of many Jews, in my opinion. Meaning that Jews, like other folks, like to associate with those in their social class, education, etc., so many Gentiles feel snubbed, I guess, when a Jew is not ready to be his/her buddy, just because the Gentile is friendly.

It doesn't necessarily come down to clannishness, since many groups are "clannish." It just comes down to wanting to associate with those that relate with similar education, interests, and social class. And, the fact is that many upscale Gentiles are picky, as to who they associate with. The result is that Jews, by default, get to often associate with their own. Remember, being Jewish is not often considered a social attraction. And, even in Israel, Jews often associate with those of similar background.

But, many Gentiles may not realize this, since the "popular culture" likes to make Jews pejoratively different. So, Gentiles often don't really think that Jews prefer those with similar backgrounds; many might just think Jews are clannish (or have that superiority complex thing). I think the same thing about all other ethnic groups, not to mention WASP's.

But, if you think Jews are not friendly, or have some other pejorative trait, just think, they have not asked for their Old Testament back, nor the Ten Commandments, nor monotheism. You see, Gentiles have been doing a good imitation of Jews, yet still consider Jews quite different. Well, study the bellcurve, and you might understand better, the position of many "average" Jews that know that half the bellcurve reflects "below average." Why must Jews pander to half the bellcurve? And, it might just be part of the secular Jewish culture to put an inordinate amount of importance on "intelligence." Just like upper-class WASP's, many Asians, Hindus, etc., etc.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pat Robertson: Jews Are Too Busy ‘Polishing Diamonds’ to Tinker With Cars, Mow Lawns
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 12:41:57