Differences

shauna0

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 08:34 am
What are the main differences between Chinese university and American university?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 603 • Replies: 2
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2014 08:39 am
@shauna0,
1. The American universities take place on the North American continent while the Chinese universities ... um ... take place in ... uh ... on the continent of Antarctica? Or is it the continent of Atlantis? My understanding of geography bites I guess.
2. In the American universities, the faculty teaches in the Chinese language and in the Chinese universities, the faculty teaches in the English language. Or do I have that backasswards? Surprised
3. The faculty from the American universities are from Venus while the faculty from the Chinese universities come from Mars.
0 Replies

Little Lotus Sheep

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:59 am
@shauna0,
1, into college

American student to graduate from the university, the university began to learn Chinese students admitted to university to study hard, to college is no longer learn. (Note: The American University "lenient entry, stringent exit"; China University of "strict easy out")

2, to ask teachers questions

In the classroom, equipped to understand American students to ask questions to the teachers, also believe that sitting in disorder to better communicate with their teachers. Chinese students are equipped to understand and not to the teacher to ask questions, but also that it is sitting straight and respect for teachers.

3, problem-solving method

if the teacher is given the same item questionnaire: "It is 12 o'clock, the hour and minute hands just coincidence, I ask how long to go through another hour and minute hands to overlap?" Teacher voice soon, the U.S. students responded invariably struck by wrist watch, this is actually very clever with the "stupid way" to see the hour and minute hands when will again coincide. The presence of Chinese students to immediately come up with pen and paper, buried, and start listing a series of formulas.

4, by way of education

U.S. students by the teaching style is the "sheep" and are very comfortable, so most of them like the whimsical, imaginative extremely rich. Chinese student's educational approach is a "duck", is very hard, title sea tactics they are not afraid afraid afraid of the kind of partial to the problem, because sometimes they do turn, but turn to.
0 Replies