Are Unites States Citizens Too Ashamed Of Their Country To Name Themselves After IT Instead Of The C

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 11:59 pm
Are Unites States Citizens Too Ashamed Of Their Country To Name Themselves After IT Instead Of The Continent They Live Upon?

Many countries are in America, and to be more accurately acute to describe which part of the continent we speak of when we refer to America, I find it rather appropriate that the USA take on the responsibility of making the considerate out of respect for the other citizens of other countries on this continent in reflection of world recognition decision to come up with a name to more accurately describe themselves.

We Canadians for example don't primarily refer to ourselves as Americans because America is not a country but a continent and being a part of the continent I suppose one could say with validity that at least we have enough respect for other countries on our continent to acknowledge we are Canadians which also describes to the world exactly where in America we are.

We are all Earthling (Earthlings), we are all human (humans), some of us live on America (Americans) or Africa (Africans) furthermore to describe where citizens of any continent are from on that continent (using America and Africa as examples) We have Ethiopians, we have Brazilians, we have Nigerians, we have Venezuelans, we have Moroccans, I live in Canada and I am Canadian. Yet the USA seems to be priding themselves on the continent instead of their own country which is why the question of being too ashamed of their country to name themselves after it instead of the continent they live upon comes to mind.

I suggest Ustatian or Ustacian = United States Citizen. Do you approve? Which spelling do you prefer?

(You) (Stay) (Sheean)

love

David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,569 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:00 am
Yes, we're too ashamed.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 10:58 am
America is also the name of a country, much the same as New York is the name of both a state and a city.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:01 am
What can ya expect from Merkins.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 11:02 am
Wait a minute . . . isn't eustachian the name of an anatomical feature? We should name ourselves after a small tube in our heads?
0 Replies