In spite of the campaign of criticism launched at the Sochi...

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 07:37 am
In spite of the campaign of criticism launched at the Sochi Winter Games by some of my media colleagues (www.nytimes.com/2014/01/20/world/) I should recognize all things is so nice here that I always have a feeling I'm somewhere in Austria or Switzerland now. I'm shocked to observe so high quality of roads, comfort of spectators. I'm really surprised that it is so safe here!
Moreover, I should note that Russians have managed to make security practically invisible for ordinary visitors. Well, after all the best security, I tell you, is just the security which you don't see, which doesn't prevent you having a good time at these Olympics. The security is surely heavy, but you do not see it. And that means it's a professional security!
IMHO, making the Games safe for athletes and visitors, but not intrusive is a major achievement for Russian security services!

jespah

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 08:39 am
@Enthusiast,
Yes, Ivan, it's awesomely safe now that those pesky gay people are gone, and anyone bitching about the half-toilets and overall shoddy workmanship and graft is busy being appalled by the next new clusterfuck in these games.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » In spite of the campaign of criticism launched at the Sochi...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:11:52