USA genocide against Native Americans

Foofie

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 05:34 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
Jack of Hearts wrote:

(Suggesting the English had no premeditation in their starving of the Irish is akin to denying the Holocaust.)

Well, did the English have a premeditated decision to see the Irish die? The Holocaust was premeditated by the meeting that resulted in the Final Solution, to carry out the Holocaust.

Denying the Holocaust is claiming that no Final Solution resulted in the death of six million. Saying the English had no premeditation to kill the Irish is based on the fact that no meeting was historically known, to plan the death of the Irish, while there was a meeting to plan the carrying out of the Final Solution. The Holocaust had evidence of its planning. The Irish Famine just had the result of what planning? Is one supposed to just believe that the English were better at covering their tracks?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 05:36 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Foofie: Now go back to your seat and continue your historical research. But, I do have the right not to be interested, since I do live in the U.S.A.

------

You have the right not to be interested Why? - because you live smack dab in the middle of that American planned Holocaust.

"The right not to be interested" - have you ever heard anything so callous, so inhuman, so deeply vicious? I haven't but had I the opportunity to listen in to some nazi death camp talk I probably would have, Foofie.

And you brag about being the equal of the most vicious of the Nazis.

Ooooookay.

You're getting histrionic again. I am not qualified to give you advice, but should you speak to someone about your histrionic tirades?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 05:42 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
Jack: (Suggesting the English had no premeditation in their starving of the Irish is akin to denying the Holocaust.)

Is this directed at me, Jack?

You cannot begin to imagine the number of people, most American I would say, that have denied all manner of USA war crime, terrorism, acts of genocide.

Foofie is a dandy example tho' he's hardly the only one.
Foofie

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 05:58 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Foofie is a dandy example tho' he's hardly the only one.

Foofie is not a "dandy." What's with the "tho'"? Are you sticking your tongue out when you say "tho'"?

0 Replies

Jack of Hearts

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2014 09:52 pm
@JTT,
No, I responded to Foofie who wrote: "The question is how much of it was planned, or did the English just not let opportunity pass, ".

It's not easy to admit being an American at times: native Americans; Andersonville; Dresden; Hiroshima; Vietnam; Waco; Iraq; etc. have shown the world that Americans' never had respect for the life of others. Our troops haven't defended America since WWII; what they have been doing is defending "the American way of life".
Foofie

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 11:30 am
@Jack of Hearts,
Jack of Hearts wrote:

No, I responded to Foofie who wrote: "The question is how much of it was planned, or did the English just not let opportunity pass, ".

It's not easy to admit being an American at times: native Americans; Andersonville; Dresden; Hiroshima; Vietnam; Waco; Iraq; etc. have shown the world that Americans' never had respect for the life of others. Our troops haven't defended America since WWII; what they have been doing is defending "the American way of life".

Are you implying that that is a negative? Take away the American way of life, and what does one have? At best a very balkanized country and society that might not be willing to live at peace. I like the American way of life, and all its safeguards for those that might not fit in well to a Norman Rockwell painting, so to speak.
JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:23 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie: and all its safeguards for those that might not fit in well to a Norman Rockwell painting, so to speak.

-----------------

Have you ever seen a Rockwell painting of American planes carpet bombing civilians, Foof? How about one of USA planes napalming villages? Or a whole bunch of portraits of Vietnamese, Iraqi or afghan children born severely deformed from USA chemical weapons and WMDs?

All these things, too, are as American as apple pie.

Oh, and a dandy example of Americans safeguarding others following that fundamental USAism - All men are created equal.
JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:30 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie: Are you implying that that is a negative?

------

What do you think, Foofie?

http://able2know.org/topic/234906-1#post-5580281
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:46 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Foofie: and all its safeguards for those that might not fit in well to a Norman Rockwell painting, so to speak.

-----------------

Have you ever seen a Rockwell painting of American planes carpet bombing civilians, Foof? How about one of USA planes napalming villages? Or a whole bunch of portraits of Vietnamese, Iraqi or afghan children born severely deformed from USA chemical weapons and WMDs?

All these things, too, are as American as apple pie.

Oh, and a dandy example of Americans safeguarding others following that fundamental USAism - All men are created equal.

You are taking my post out of context. I liken that to defecating on my post. Can you find a toilet to defecate in? Metaphorically speaking of course.
JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:54 pm
@Foofie,
No, Foofie, I have described you many times for what you really are.

A low life piece of excrement that would sell out his mother (yes 'his') to protect his sorry little existence. You would have been safe had you emigrated to any country because of your eager willingness to cast off the very things that make a body human.

You see it in your every post as you make light of evil that is every bit the equal if what the Nazis did. You are very nazi in your own obsequious way.
Jack of Hearts

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 02:04 pm
@Foofie,
Ireland is not that big a country, and when thousands starve to death every day, you notice; for in a few days, you are complaining about the stench; you go back to England and assure all that it is not as bad as people say. They had meetings alright; in the House of Lords they fought with the Church because good farmland was being used as cemeteries!

Were the climate a bit more temperate, would the "Canadian way of life" be insufferable? (Be mindful of the fuel costs there.)
Foofie

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:44 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

No, Foofie, I have described you many times for what you really are.

A low life piece of excrement that would sell out his mother (yes 'his') to protect his sorry little existence. You would have been safe had you emigrated to any country because of your eager willingness to cast off the very things that make a body human.

You see it in your every post as you make light of evil that is every bit the equal if what the Nazis did. You are very nazi in your own obsequious way.

Your standing in judgement of me has nothing to do with the correctness or incorrectness of your position on the thread. You are empowering yourself to be critical, but for no good purpose. It is called wasting one's energy.
Foofie

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:50 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
Jack of Hearts wrote:

Ireland is not that big a country, and when thousands starve to death every day, you notice; for in a few days, you are complaining about the stench; you go back to England and assure all that it is not as bad as people say. They had meetings alright; in the House of Lords they fought with the Church because good farmland was being used as cemeteries!

Were the climate a bit more temperate, would the "Canadian way of life" be insufferable? (Be mindful of the fuel costs there.)

I do not understand how your comment about Canada's climate relates to whether the Irish Famine was planned, or just taking opportunity, when it knocked. Either way, there was no concern, so the dead died. That was because the Irish were "expendable," just like the Jews in Europe, in my opinion. Before genocide occurs, I believe a people must become, in the eyes of those that permit it to happen, expendable. So, whether genocide is planned, or permitted, it might just be academic to the primary requirement of expendability, in my opinion.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 06:58 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie: Your standing in judgement of me has nothing to do with the correctness or incorrectness of your position on the thread.

--------

That is true, Foofie, but at least we are in agreement that my judgement of you was accurate.

On the question of the usa's genocidal actions against Native Americans,

------------------

Pestilence and Genocide

excerpted from the book

American Holocaust

by David Stannard

Oxford University Press, 1992

p142

By 1845 the Indian population of California was down to no more than a quarter of what it had been when the Franciscan missions were established in 1769. That is, it had declined by at least 75 percent during seventy-five years of Spanish rule. In the course of just the next twenty-five years, under American rule, it would fall by another 80 percent. The gold rush brought to California a flood of American miners and ranchers who seemed to delight in killing Indians, miners and ranchers who rose to political power and prominence-and from those platforms not only legalized the enslavement of California Indians, but, as in Colorado and elsewhere, launched public campaigns of genocide with the explicitly stated goal of all-out Indian extermination.

p145

Between 1852 and 1860, under American supervision, the indigenous population of California plunged from 85,000 to 35,000, a collapse of about 60 percent within eight years of the first gubernatorial demands for the Indians' destruction. By 1890 that number was halved again: now 80 percent of the natives who had been alive when California became a state had been wiped out by an official policy of genocide. Fewer than 18,000 California Indians were still living, and the number was continuing to drop. In the late 1840s and 1850s one observer of the California scene had watched his fellow American whites begin their furious assault "upon [the Indians], shooting them down like wolves, men, women, and children, wherever they could find them," and had warned that this "war of extermination against the aborigines, commenced in effect at the landing of Columbus, and continued to this day, [is] gradually and surely tending to the final and utter extinction of the race." While to most white Californians such a conclusion was hardly lamentable, to this commentator it was a major concern-but only because the extermination "policy [has] proved so injurious to the interests of the whites." That was because the Indians' "labor, once very useful, and, in fact, indispensable in a country where no other species of laborers were to be obtained at any price, and which might now be rendered of immense value by pursuing a judicious policy, has been utterly sacrificed by this extensive system of indiscriminate revenge."

p146
... between 95 and 98 percent of California's Indians had been exterminated in little more than a century. And even this ghastly numerical calculation is inadequate, not only because it reveals nothing of the hideous suffering endured by those hundreds of thousands of California native peoples, but because it is based on decline only from the estimated population for the year 1769-a population that already had been reduced savagely by earlier invasions of European plague and violence. Nationwide by this time only about one-third of one percent of America's population-250,000 out of 76, 000,000 people-were natives. The worst human holocaust the world had ever witnessed, roaring across two continents non-stop for four centuries and consuming the lives of countless tens of millions of people, finally had leveled off. There was, at last, almost no one left to kill.

p147
During the course of four centuries - from the 1490s to the 1890s - Europeans and white Americans engaged in an unbroken string of genocide campaigns against the native peoples of the Americas.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:09 pm
@Jack of Hearts,
The American Indian Genocide Museum is a museum located in Houston, Texas that is dedicated to documenting the genocide committed against the American Indians.

The museum has a number of unique exhibits, such as an invoice for smallpox infected blankets that were given to the Delaware tribe, to an account of Texas soldiers intentionally infecting Indians and then releasing them to go back to their tribes.[2]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indian_Genocide_Museum
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2014 10:54 pm
Thank you, JTT, for providing all this information about the genocidal campaigns against Native Americans, as well as the information about the U.S. occupation of the Philippines.

American history has been whitewashed in the schools. That would account for much of the ignorance on these vital subjects.
Foofie

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 10:25 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

Thank you, JTT, for providing all this information about the genocidal campaigns against Native Americans, as well as the information about the U.S. occupation of the Philippines.

American history has been whitewashed in the schools. That would account for much of the ignorance on these vital subjects.

Well, are they "vital" for everyone? They might be "vital" for someone that is majoring in American history. Are they vital for those that live in a region of the U.S. where few Native Americans live? Are they vital for the captains of school teams?

In my opinion, you made a quantum leap to claim that this one subject is important to everyone's education? Considering that the focus of JTT's posts are usually about a topic where he claims that the U.S. was the bad guy in an historical topic, I hesitate to give any credence to his topics' value, since then the entire curriculum in U.S. schools might be just cheapening the history of the U.S., in my opinion.
JTT

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 01:45 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie: then the entire curriculum in U.S. schools might be just cheapening the history of the U.S., in my opinion.

Yeah, we don't need any truth in our educational system. That'll only cheapen it!

What do you think we are, some tin pot dictatorial banana republic? Could you pass me one of those bananas?

Foofie: Are they vital for those that live in a region of the U.S. where few Native Americans live, where our genocidal actions have been highly successful.

Why do you suppose there is the Holocaust Museum in New York, Foofie?
Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 10:24 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Foofie: Are they vital for those that live in a region of the U.S. where few Native Americans live, where our genocidal actions have been highly successful.

Why do you suppose there is the Holocaust Museum in New York, Foofie?

You just proved my point. There is no Holocaust museum in Biloxi, nor Topeka, nor a host of other places with few Jews. Now, if that's one thing NYC has is Jews.
JTT

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:16 pm
@Foofie,
You just missed my point.

Why is there a Holocaust museum anywhere in the USA? It's as ludicrous and as hypocritical as having the statute of liberty in the USA.

The masters of holocausts have it there for one reason only, to deflect attention away from that fact. That it is the USA that are world leaders in genocides and holocausts.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:49:23