Has anyone read The Tigress of Forli? PLEASE HELP

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 03:27 pm
Hello, so I have to write a 10 page paper on this book. Before I start, I want to make sure I'm on the right track. I was wondering if anyone can answer a few simple questions for me just so I can confirm I'm going in the right direction. Thank you.

-What is the authors purpose for writing this book? Why did she write it?

-What is the authors thesis or main argument

-Why did the author chose these chapter topics, why did she organize them how she did?

-What kind of sources did the author use and why?

If I can get just basic answers to these questions it would help me out a lot for my paper. I'm 3/4 done with the book. This is a big paper and like I said, I just want some reassurance I'm talking about the right stuff. Thank you so much.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 501 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 04:45 pm
@prettyflowers1,
I haven't read the book, will read it if I run across it.

Who gave you that you set of questions? Does that person or website have any personal or academic clue why the author decided to write the book? Would it matter to you, if you somehow found quotes about that online?

Is the book an argument or thesis? Maybe it's a book about an interesting person in an interesting time and place, with pros and cons developed in the "portrait".

Why did the author choose the chapter topics? Because they made sense to her while she was telling about the subject; perhaps there is an overall point of view pushing the story. That can be an author bias - is that what you are reading? Or maybe the arrangement was based on an editor's advice.

What kind of sources did the author use and why? Is there a bibliography at the back of the book?

Please figure out what you think about the book. Read it twice if you need to.
Talk with your professor/teacher if you need to.

0 Replies