0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:51 pm
I feel the need for beach.

The Gulf Of Mexico
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:58 pm
your truly is going to the beach this wknd. laying out in the sun? I love to do it, only for less than 20 min at a time, enough to really feel the heat of the sun, then i'm outta there.

obviously, as I stated before, it's not a tanning issue, but can you answer for me

Why the need to tan? I mean, and I'm asking seriously, what is the positive result that tanners seek that makes this industry so big?

:::puzzled look:::
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:00 pm
White bread is boring?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:04 pm
and....toasted bread is what? exciting? if so, how's that?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:05 pm
People just look better with color to their skin. I know that is an opinion that twirls spirals of irony. But on a practical basis, look at the simple matter of clothing and the colors possible in various materials. Many pale people look, ah, strange, in a whole lot of vibrant colors. I can say this since I am pale.
Trust me, I understand the deep irony and past irony, oh, insanity.

As an aside, sure it's true that twenty minutes of sun makes us all feel better, as does twenty minutes walk, or more than twenty minutes walk.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:09 pm
Well onyx for me it started as a youngster, lived lots of my youth in San Diego and surfed my way through middle school and high school so I was always tan.

At that time I do not think I though of a tan a looking good. Well not until the Beach Boys and other such bands made California out to be something more than it really is.

The thing I do like about exposure to the sun is tham my hair has natural streaks the bleach out in the sun.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:15 pm
heheheh, i hate the sun for what it does to my hair:

1 - dries it out
2 - turn my lovely jet black into a barely brown - sux
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:18 pm
Onyx have you every read Alice Walker's In Search of My Morther's Garden - it is a collection of essays one of which is called the Politics of Hair, it is really a hoot.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:26 pm
I don't much care about the 'tan' effect, but the warmth <sigh>.

I sometimes lie out in the backyard, under a giant piece of gauze fabric. I don't often let the sun on my skin, but I don't want anything heavy on top of me - I'd suffocate when it's 90+ - but I want to feel the heat.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:29 pm
The secret of getting a good tan out of a bottle is to first shower and loufa the skin. After you towel dry, use a light body lotion on all areas you want to tan. Next apply tanning foam (I like Neutrogena) and apply it evenly to each area. After all is applied, take a wet wash cloth and wipe or blot under your eyes, elbows, ankles and knees (as these areas will darken much more than the rest of your skinÂ…and don't forget to wash your hands). Take care to applying to your face until you are familiar to how it will work on your skin. Do this preferably in the evening before bedtime. When you awake in the morning you will have a light natural looking tan. Shower and apply again for a darker tan. I am fair skinned so I do this about once a week all summer.

Onyxelle, you are one of the lucky ones. You never have to worry how your legs will look in summer shorts Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:38 pm
Oh, I'd like to read that. I have or had, since grey is upon me soon, naturally curly/wavy auburn/brown hair. Unruly.
I used to iron it - well, once or twice many years ago.

My niece's mother is from Liberia and father from LA, irish heritage. Her hair has taken... what is it now, sixteen years to get about four inches long, mostly, and maybe nine inches in some sections. She is beautiful and I would post her picture here but even though she has given me permission I am wary of trollers, she is underage and beautiful. It is probably ok and I will probably post it. She gets her hair braided fairly often at great expense in both time and money and isn't so happy with her natural hair, which is not at all trendy even at Venice High. And fitting in is very important at sixteen.

She is ok being of mixed heritage, lots of cool people are (her pov, right now prefers mixed to anyone else...). But she suffers her hair.
So I wouldn't mind finding some smart writing about finessing who you already are.... and how your hair is. Not that I would show it to her, push it on her. But when she visits, we could talk about it. (Or not.) When she visits I hardly sleep. She is up all night and has hours of things to tell me.

Either that or she needs to work out an investment plan for the braiding.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2004 08:11 am
Today it is raining and rain is predicted for the entire day. I'm thinking I will trough some more tanning lotion on, turn on all the lights, put an blanket in the middles of the living room floor and pretend I am on a sunny beach some where.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:56:20