The Tanning Solution or Is It"

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 08:36 pm
While planning for my trip to Florida (I never made it) but never the less I purchased some Self Tanning Lotion, Sublime Bronze.

Sooo, a couple of hours ago while sitting around with nothing to do I put some on and so far nothing, nada, not even any ugly orange streaks.

How long does it take this junk to work?

http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/ordertron/TPtan3.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,654 • Replies: 32
No top replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 09:02 pm
I am sure someone is working on a pill or injection to modify our pigment color.... How far would you go how dark is enough. really dark could actually be fun....Maybe a movie about this starring you ? You become as dark as mj was before he bleached.....Come on J...lets play
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 09:22 pm
Well I really prefer bathing in the Sun than this pretend stuff. But the skin police say no so I am trying this other stuff.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:06 am
Today one half of one lower leg is tan. It does not look to fake so I guess I will do the rest of that one leg and the other one too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:19 am
So, it works!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 09:24 am
Yes and it looks pretty good L'k. It must take about 6 to 8 hours to completly develop and I do not know how long it lasts. But at least I won't feel strange in my shorts for awhile.

People here in Tejas go to those tanning salons all the time and by the end of summer they are real tan. But I cannot stand the thought of that plus I have read that it is as bad for skin as the Sun.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:11 am
After years of sun tanning you might wake up one morning and look at yourself and scream " Oh my god, it's like I,ve become the keeper of the crypt.! Male or female. Georgia Okeefe looked pretty good and Sean connery use to pray he would age gracefully.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:19 am
:::standing nekkid in front the mirror & singing lowly:::

I've got a natural tan...natural...

to anyone listening: i'm only jesting...
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:28 am
Well now onyxelle we all cannot be so lucky.

Algis, in my youth I hoped to be a craggy old desert rat type woman. Looks like I will get my wish.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:31 am
I have two words for all y'all: George Hamilton. Please don't let that be your epitaph.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 11:50 am
My skin is light and smooth and I prefer it that way.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:15 pm
I don't know that I prefer it that way, but my skin is light and smooth, too, Cinn. I'll use some bronzer on my legs when shorts weather gets here.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:31 pm
I went without sunbathing for a couple of years and didn't mind my tanless skin. What gets me is when I go out and garden now and get a farmer's tan - I just HAVE to even out the tan lines..... bad habit.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:33 pm
I love to be out in the sun - that feeling just before your bones melt is wonderful. It's the only time I feel truly warm. I don't laze about in the sun like I used to, but I wish I could.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:34 pm
Yes indeed the feeling of those rays is serene.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:34 pm
{wistful nodding}
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:37 pm
One thing good about this stuff is that it covered up the Howlie Rot on my arms and legs. That is a plus for sure.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:38 pm
DON'T.

Sunburn, for example, is not great for anyone, no matter the melanin, but certainly dumb for irish fair folk like me.

Watch, as you age, all your exposed limbs and face get all craggy. No one guesses that many so called elders have relatively sexy bodies below the neck. Lotions won't make a difference.

Putting chemical on your skin to darken it? What are you thinking? My skin has never been as pretty to me as that of some of my pals who have more melanin, but that is just the way it is.

I went to the beach with friends in my teens and baked like some halibut, but I now look back on it as a colossal waste of time, not to mention dangerous. Not that I don't love beaches, but now I just walk on them at the shoreline, usually in cooler months and fairly well protected uv wise.

We are who we are and should all stand tall within that. I don't care if you look, as my grandmother said, peaked. That's two syllables, peak' ed.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:41 pm
sunburns aren't good, but the latest studies suggest that sun exposure is good. but how the heck are we supposed to know how much is good and how much isn't? it's tough - and I neeeeeeed that special sun heat.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 08:51 pm
I agree sun exposure is good, vitamin D and whatever else they are saying now, and certainly sense of well being.
But burning and/or adding chemicals to your skin to change its color????
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Tanning Solution or Is It"
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 07:34:11