I want to be an online psychic

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 01:10 pm
Hey, lets face it, psychics are just intuitive people too lazy to get a degree. I figure that I'm intuitive and lazy enough, except when it comes to cooking, to be an online psychic. Miss Cleo was indeed from Jamaica...Jamaica, Queens. Anyhoo, I'm pondering this as a second job, and just wondering how to organize things so that people don't realize that I am totally ripping them off. All suggestions are welcome.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,508 • Replies: 49
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:08 pm
cav- First things first. Change your wardrobe. You'll never pull it off in that getup! Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:21 pm
What if I put on a fake Scottish accent? Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:25 pm
I am in p.r., so naturally I would be an excellent advisor for this sort of sca....uh, venture.

Let's see, let's see...where to start...

First, I suggest you get their credit card numbers before you talk to them.

But you already knew that, didn't you? I mean, you're psychic! (Say "yeah.")

More advice to follow. Ask all the questions you'd like. I am here to help.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:28 pm
You'll need to add a dsiclaimer saying something like:

"This is for entertainment purposes only"

And get indemnification.

I designed two such sites once and I was wondering why I didn't run a sca.. business like that myself.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:29 pm
Oh, I already have the credit card numbers. Just waiting for them to call. After all, I am psychic. What about a psychic sidekick, like a talking monkey, or dog?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:30 pm
cavfancier wrote:

Hmmmmm - I'd have trouble believing a psychic with a Scots accent. Irish, maybe??? Can you do a good Dingle accent >- I never understood a soul there.

I'd re-think the wardrobe, too - you need something more mystical, in softer colours.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:31 pm
Craven, I anticipated the disclaimer, because, after all, I am psychic. I too have wondered why I haven't chosen the path of exploitation myself as of yet.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:31 pm
Didn't realize psychics maintained web sites, though I guess there's no reason not to. If they can get the vibe over the phone, I guess they can get it over the wires...or however messages flow back and forth in this medium.

Go for it cav!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:33 pm
margo wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

Hmmmmm - I'd have trouble believing a psychic with a Scots accent. Irish, maybe??? Can you do a good Dingle accent >- I never understood a soul there.

I'd re-think the wardrobe, too - you need something more mystical, in softer colours.

Well, Scots are realists, sort of the Dr. Phils of the psychic world. "Accch, lassie! Ye noo wot the trooble is, git oover eet!"

Never made it to Dingle when I was in Ireland, but I am familiar with their berries.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 03:12 pm
I think you ought to go with stunning ordinariness - sort of like the UFO abduction fella who sold millions of his books - his description of the craft as dirty and messy added a wondrous touch of realism. Your very pedestrian-ness makes you seem way more real than all the fake mystic stuff.

I suggest you dispense with anything resembling anal probes though...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 03:13 pm
Oh - will I have a good weekend?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 03:27 pm
You need to acquire a middle European accent. Best way to learn how to talk like that is to rent a few old Bela Lugosi movies.

If you can learn to say, "Goood evening.............I bid you wel-come, like old Bela, you've got it made! Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 09:45 pm
Middle European would be good. Irish is a bad idea. Nobody believes the Irish. (I should know.)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 11:40 pm
Cav can you bend a spoon with your mind?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 06:48 am
Diane, the spoon-bending thing is pretty much wrapped up by Uri Geller. I have however, bent many spoons in attempts to scoop out leftover, too-frozen sorbets.

dlowan should indeed have a good weekend, if she lets it happen. If it turns out sucky, it's your own fault.

See? I'm good...

Eva, I might try the Dracula thing, but I'll need to mull it over. If I go that route, do I get to nibble necks?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 06:59 am
You need an 'unsuspecting' lackey who you claim you've picked out of random from the Internet. I can be that for you... You conduct your 'psychic' sessions in MSN messenger or something like that. I'll write in a screen to everyone what I'm thinking, and you will miraculously guess that my thoughts will be as follows:

1) Anne Brontë is wrongly called the lesser Brontë.
2) Do Gherkins have any use at all?
3) 'The only thing worse than being talked about is to be dead.'

0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 07:01 am
Damn, I meant to add this:

Once they've seen how great you are and even knowing stupid little thoughts, you guess my past and then my future. They're amazed. You charge $199.99 per session, and then run off to the Netherlands Antilles.

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 07:03 am
Sounds plausible drom. Now, #3 was definitely not uttered by Sylvia Plath, methinks...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 07:04 am
The Netherlands? Hmm...have to think about that, I don't ski, nor do I speak Dutch.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I want to be an online psychic
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 11:32:03