Foofie

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 05:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I also said,
Quote:
Probably true generally speaking,

What's your problem?

My problem is that you need to retort to that which is evident. I believe that in the greater scheme of things, I deserve to get the last word, my being an easterner and all.
0 Replies

jkgab2no

Reply Fri 13 Nov, 2015 07:53 am
@Smileyrius,
The simple answer would be that the objective of Religion is to guide people through a code of conducts to find happiness in life.
From the start of life, lifeforms have been actively looking for Happiness. In earlier lifeforms, it was mostly some form of physical pleasure ; now, for the advanced human, it is both physical and mental - pleasure and happiness!
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:45 am
@Smileyrius,
You misunderstand but for some simple reasons.

there is no objective to religion, it is a response. God created all of us so we are brothers and sisters. We are relational creatures so we are social by nature. When you know that there is a God (or your conscience alerts you to violating the Moral Voice behind your conscience) then you take steps, hopefully, and that issues in religion. But there is no objective to religion. If you think so, you miss even the meaning of the word.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2016 08:54 am
@AugustineBrother,
I disagree. Morals is not based on religion, and there is no god. Many gods were created by man. Morals is a philosophy developed by man to put value of good and bad. Religions are vehicles that tries to teach morals, but more than anything, it's an institution to control the masses.
0 Replies