How's everyone doin?

Montana

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:37 pm
I haven't been around my puter much these days, but wanted everyone to know that you haven't been forgotten and that I miss you.

So, what's up with you guys these days?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 676 • Replies: 10
No top replies

suzy

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 11:33 pm
Hi Montana!
Not many around during these wee hours, it seems!
I have tomorrow off (It's Patriots Day in Massachusetts) but will probably turn in soon so I don't sleep away the day tomorrow. We're expecting temps in the 80s!!!! Very Happy
I'm trying to decide what to do in such great weather! I'm moving soon, so no use working in the yard. Maybe I'll call a friend and head to the beach! Tomorrow is also the Boston marathon, and I live very close to the runner's route, so getting out of town won't be easy!
I'm gonna post a topic and then go to bed, I guess. Good night!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 01:18 am
Hey Tana...missed you round these parts. Glad to see you're doing well. Has spring sprung in the maritimes? It began here but then we had a blizzard. It's all melted now and the skies are clear. Time to start planting.
Cheers.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 03:06 am
Suzy
Sounds like you live very close to where I grew up. I spent most of my life in Waltham and I can't believe the temps are reaching 80 over there already. I have to take a business trip down that way within the next month and I think I better bring some summer cloths along with me. Are you moving close to where you live now, or are you making a drastic move far away? Heck, I know how busy you must be with packing and making all the plans. I wish you the very best with your move and hope that all goes well.

Hey Ceili
I missed you guys too. Yeah, everything is going ok with me besides the fact that I want to get my trip to Mass over before it's time to start planting my garden. There have been so many delays and it very frustrating to say the least. We got some snow here about 3 days ago as well, but like you, it all melted. Yesterday was the nicest day this year and it truly was a breath of fresh air. I opened some windows for awhile to air out the house and it was nice to see the sun shining. It's been cloudy and rainy for days now and it looks like we are getting more of that weather this week (sigh)! Other than the weather, things are going ok here. It's nice to see you guys :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 06:20 am
Montana--

Glad to hear that you are well, although I wish for your sake that that your shopping trip for justice had been completed satisfactorily. When will you leave? I want to keep you in my thoughts.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:52 am
Waltham! I lived there for about six years (the seedy part)!
I am hoping to stay in the area I'm in now. I have a two minute commute to work, after recently moving to this town from Natick! I haven't found a place yet, but plan to be out of here on May first.
We'll see!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:40 am
Hey, Montana! How have you been these last few months; have you been busy? Is this your return; or are you just checking in?

In the last few months, I've been up to three main things, really: I've been making a translation of George Orwell's 'Keep the Aspidistra Flying' into French, which should be coming out this December. I've been writing a load of everything: about a thousand pages since you last were around. And I'm moving to Armenia this Summer, so I've been getting ready!

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 10:23 am
'K . . . howzaboutyou?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:09 pm
Noddy
I wish it was over as well. It's been one nightmare after another in this situation. My lawyer is an old friend of my fathers and even though I'm doing all the leg work, he's helping out a little (free of charge), thank goodness, because I couldn't afford to hire a lawyer and he's the one who handled my custody case, so he familiar with my case. Anyway, he happend to be in probate on a case last Monday, so he told me he would get me a court date while he was there since it was taking so long. Well, he wasn't very happy to learn that the court lost my file. They finally located my file, but the origional summons was missing from it, so since my lawyer is the one who hired the constable, luckily he had a copy of the summons in my file, which he faxed to the court house. Now it's been a week and I still haven't got a date yet and I'm not happy at all. By the time I have a date, it's going to run me right into my gardening time and the hotel rates have already gone up. Seems like I can't win for trying (sigh).
Thanks for the nice thoughts Noddy :-D

Suzy
Wow!!!! What a small world. When I was little I lived on the south side, but then we moved to the west end when I was 14 and stayed there until we moved to Canada 4 years ago. When I left, there wasn't many nice places left there and it's a shame because when I was little, Waltham was a nice little city. I wish you the best best in your move and hope everything goes smoothly ;-)

Drom
I've been doing good other than my obvious frustration. In the spring I tend to wander away from my computer and do stuff around the house, prepare my garden plan and all that fun stuff. I'm doing some painting in the house this year, so I'm just a bit on the busy side. I also home school my son, so that obviously take up much of my time and the year end is my busy time in that area as well. I guess I never really know when I'm going to make time for my puter.
You've been quite the busy body yourself. It all sounds exciting. Wow!!! you're moving to Armenia!!! Are you excited about it? I hope you have a pleasant move and all goes well :-)

Setanta
Pretty good other than, you know ;-)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 01:14 pm
Montana--

Hold your dominion. I can't promise that you're going to walk out of that courthouse into a ticker tape parade, but Justice Will Prevail and weekly checks are more useful than a ticker tape parade anyway.

How clever of you to have a lawyer as a family friend! You might have spent the entire summer in legal limbo.

Courage!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:58 pm
Thanks Noddy. I'm trying to get through this without getting angry all the time, since getting mad won't do me one bit of good. As I get older I learn that as long as my family is happy and healthy, then I'm happy and healthy. Sometimes I slip and the blood pressure goes through the roof, but I always catch myself and remind myself how greatful I am to have such a beautiful home and family and I settle right down. It took me 40 years to figure out that sweating the small stuff just isn't worth it, so on that note, I'm just going to do what I can to get this over and done, so I can atleast get it off my mind.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How's everyone doin?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:50:08