• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 653 • Replies: 4
No top replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 07:21 pm
Good evening, loser-kid:
First of all. welcome to A2K.
You probably aren't going to appreciate this but I hate to see postings from newbies get no responses. So this is the one and only reply and it comes from an old fart probably three times your age. Sorry, dude, this is the best I can do.
When I was your age there was the transition going on from acoustic to electric. What an incredible change that was. The garage band I was in still stank but we could play loud. Really, really loud.
2004: I run a small chain of stores and have some 30 employees. A third of them are into performing music: black gospel and Christian acappella singing; rock and blue grass. The most successful is a guy who runs a Goth band. They are in Europe now for their first tour and they will do another big trip this June in the US and Canada
Are they getting rich? Hardly. Are they having fun? Hell, yes.
Finally, they have a deal with some record company. But the big change, loser, has been the internet. If your music is any good, you don't need a label deal. People will hear about you and you can produce cd's in small quantities.
That's the end of my essay about the democratization of art. But any response is better than none, right?
What kind of music are you into? -johnboy-
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 08:05 pm
Actually, Bi-Polar Bear is in a band, but it's not anything that anyone would call local.
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:01 pm
Welcome to A2K loser_kid...I'm in a band called Eightfold Path based out of Detroit.

Here's a link to our site:

Edit (Moderator): Link removed. Do not post your links.

You in a band?
0 Replies

loserkid182

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2004 03:28 pm
Sweet deals. Im into like punk.rock.screamo. anything like that and yes im in a band is called anonymous self.

Edit (Moderator): Do not try to circumvent spam rules.
0 Replies