A2K vs. Springtime

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:02 pm
I had just completed spraying lawn weed and general purpose weed killer all over the place when it started to rain. Argh! I even checked the weather, it wasn't supposed to rain!

Maybe it was for the best. My daughter said to me yesterday "Did you notice our lawn is almost all weeds? If you spray weed killer on it we won't have a lawn."
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:13 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Too often women fail to take the time to examine the ducks.

I love to examine the ducks! Put 'em on my plate, roasted, a l'orange, red curry, BBQ, just about any way - and I'll give 'em a real good look at, before I polish them off! Razz
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 04:36 pm
You're a heartless woman, Margo, and when you die and show up at the Pearly Gates, only to be greeted by a legion of cross-examining ducks, then, my friend, you shall realize the folly of your ways.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 04:52 pm
Bill, it's funny you should say that!
Just this morning I was thinking how people in warm climes probably don't feel that sense of thrill we do when the weather finally starts to turn! it makes it almost worth it! Laughing
I have five brothers in your neighborhood!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 05:08 pm
suzy wrote:
Bill, it's funny you should say that!
Just this morning I was thinking how people in warm climes probably don't feel that sense of thrill we do when the weather finally starts to turn! it makes it almost worth it! Laughing
I have five brothers in your neighborhood!
Too true. I'm on the fourth floor of a condo on the water and since the water never gets too warm or too cold; the ocean breeze keeps the temperatures steady enough for me to regulate comfort zones by choosing how many windows are open, 9 months out of the year. Christmas doesn't seem like Christmas, and the years just blend together. I still can't say I miss the winter, though.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 05:11 pm
You can always tell when it's summer here in the San Francisco Bay area, it's freakin cold. We go to Lake Michigan for a real summer.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 05:24 pm
patiodog wrote:
I saw a couple of male mallards fighting over a patch of grass (or something) at the bus stop a few mornings back. Nasty little buggers.

At the end of last week, i went over to the Ohio State University to get parking permits for our company vehicles. A Mallard drake and his duck were wandering around on a grassy area next to the building in which Parking and Transporation services is located, apparently trying to decide if the fountain is really a pond. I only noticed them because as i approached, the duck got behind the drake, which began spreading its wings and squawking at me. Some guys . . . they're out with some skank, an' they think every guy they see wants a piece of that tail . . .

I give drakes and ganders credit for cojones grandes, though, they'll threaten anyone . . .
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:31 pm
I've had a whole weekened of spring - actually, a long weekend. We celebrate Patriot's Day here in MA (also in ME) to honor the start of battle between the redcoats and the militia of this area. The Boston Marathon is always held on Pat's Day.

Anyway, I gardened, BBQ'd and wandered around outside for 3 days.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:35 pm
um Patriots day, I had some kin in that war, some wore red and some wore blue and some stayed home. I don't think we ever knew who won that one.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:36 pm
we don't know?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:38 pm
It's hard to tell, George of Hanover, George Washington, George Bush . . . who the hell knows ?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:06 pm
Today, there were laurals to be rested upon.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:09 pm
You are a bold fella, to be admitting to more than one Laural. Shocked
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:53 pm
Bold is my middle name. My twin brother's middle name is Italics.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 11:04 pm
So...we should address you as "BB"?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:12 am
My freshly tilled garden stares at me like a blank canvas. I should have waited another week or two.
The killdeers have arrove, these are about natures dummest bird. They have a stubborn streak in that they stubbornly build their nests on the ground in a pasture full of sheep. Its amazing that these birds are not extinct.
The Canada geese have gone, a welcome departure. These birds are our wintertime alarm clock. They develop a liking for a particular field , rather close to the house and , in the winter dawn, they just mill about and honk in a fashion that is just below deafening. Every so often they have differences of opinion and a full Irish debate breaks out, complete with goose insults.
Im glad theyve gone back to Canada or Connecticut.I dont miss them.
Today is to be the last of the warm spell with ,ore seasonal weather by tomorrow
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:49 am
On Sunday it was a bit drizzly here, but there were some dry spells. I did some gardening- I tidied up a bit and did some raking and brushing and collecting rubbish, then divided and transplanted two hosta plants and planted seven rose plants, floribunda and rugosa.
I had prepared the ground last year, but even so I wish I lived a bit nearer Farmerman's Dexters- liberal applications of composted manure works wonders for roses. I need a good supply, closer to home. Preferably from grass-eating animals, before GR comes in with an alternative suggestion. Smile
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:49 am
I liked the geese that descended on the fountain outside my office in Seattle every year. But, then, I wasn't the one who had to scrape all their shite off the fountain when they left.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 07:36 am
margo wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Too often women fail to take the time to examine the ducks.

I love to examine the ducks! Put 'em on my plate, roasted, a l'orange, red curry, BBQ, just about any way - and I'll give 'em a real good look at, before I polish them off! Razz

Margo - you're so ORAL!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 07:45 am
Like Oral Roberts?

And so i say unto you, Bretheren and Sisterns, if it looks like a duck, if it walks like a duck, if it quacks like a duck--kill it, pluck it, roast it and eat it!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K vs. Springtime
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:17:56