A2K vs. Springtime

dlowan

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 06:55 pm
I am not ENTIRELY sure, but I THINK that working away on wireless broadband connections and REALLY being outside, in a truly meaningful way, are mutually exclusive.

Even if by a pool.

Mind you, part of my being outside in the lovely day yesterday was an eighty minute forced march, with dreams of dwindling tum and bum to inspire my pain inattention.

Not sure if THAT is what is meant, either.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 06:57 pm
And pain's inattention, like Summer, hath a lease whose date is all too short...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 06:59 pm
I hear ya, sister. Keep plugging away.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 07:13 pm
Huh, let's see, last coupla days. Lotsa tromping and swimming around parks with the dogs, um, to the movies, made dinner, took out to deck, high winds sent us back in, tornado watch over night, picking up our phonebook from all over the neighborhood this morning, park, to pet-food store to sell stuff for humane society, more high winds, dinner.

Spring has meant a lot of damn wind so far, and not a ravine in sight.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 07:19 pm
A man without a ravine has no purpose.

Seek help, patiodog.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 07:22 pm
orf. orf. orf orf orf orf.

i'll just flip myself over and descend into one of the cracks of these high clouds. pif pif.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 07:23 pm
dlowan wrote:
I am not ENTIRELY sure, but I THINK that working away on wireless broadband connections and REALLY being outside, in a truly meaningful way, are mutually exclusive.

I don't look for "meaning" outside. I am not a hippy.

I just enjoy the view and the fresh air.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 08:07 pm
I spent much of the day helping to put up new curtain rods, clean the curtains and then hang the curtains. Plus reading Lord of the Rings - the Return of the King. So, uh, what was the question again? :-D
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 09:41 pm
I worked the weekend, just got home about 11.
however, I was able to spend a good deal of time outside. It was lovely. Hot tomorrow!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 10:31 pm
Today was the nicest day of the year and I spent some time outside checking out my garden, looking at the ducks and did a little cleaning in the shed. What a beautiful day :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:02 am
My leg was too sore for walking, but I plunked myself down to an open window and gloried in breezes and birdsong. The high point of the concert was on percussion with dueling woodpeckers. Magnificent!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 07:04 am
Quote:
Today was the nicest day of the year and I spent some time outside checking out my garden, looking at the ducks and did a little cleaning in the shed. What a beautiful day

Now there's my kind of woman!

Too often women fail to take the time to examine the ducks.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:19 pm
I hear ya Gus. Sometimes people just need to stop and look at the ducks. Life is too short not too ;-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:23 pm
Watching the ducks in the springtime, Montana? Are they gettin' frisky? Shocked
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:34 pm
the golfers are really pissed around here, seems the geese have homesteaded all the golf courses.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:44 pm
Eva wrote:

Not that I can see so far, but if I keep watching, I might catch something interesting. In the spring when all the snow melts, there are little ponds that form out back where ducks like to hang out until the ponds dry up. We have a large amount of pheasants hanging around this year as well. I see them almost daily.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:46 pm
Dys
I'm glad we are not overcome by geese. They always run in big packs and make one hell of a mess.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:49 pm
Eva wrote:

I saw a couple of male mallards fighting over a patch of grass (or something) at the bus stop a few mornings back. Nasty little buggers.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:52 pm
What do you mean springtime? You mean it hasn't been beautiful outside everywhere for the last 6 months?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 01:52 pm
Bill

No!!! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A2K vs. Springtime
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:19:17