Seeking ideas for literature about . . .

Reply Sun 29 Dec, 2013 12:21 pm
Journalism
Education
National Security
The Protestant Reformation (and the religious ideas it spawned)

Hi, I am putting together a syllabus for an ENG 102 in which I want to emphasize how to research, but, more importantly, how to ask questions.

I thought I would focus on the above four subjects but, being practical, I might have to reduce the four to three.

What I thought I would do is seek out excerpts from several works. Since so many of you who frequent this forum are so well read, I thought you would be a rich source, as you have proven to be in the past.

I have some ideas for Education including Up the Down Stair Case; both Little Women and Jo's Boys. What else?

Journalism is also rich. Ward Just's A Family Trust comes to mind. Something about the McCarthy era would be helpful. Muckrakers. Anything else?

National Security. An automatic is Julius Caesar. Graham Greene's The Quiet American ought to do it unless someone has something terrific to add.

The Protestant Reformation forces me to draw a blank. I can't think of any fiction about it, particularly worthwhile fiction.

All help would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,064 • Replies: 0
No top replies