Finding inner peace

cyter

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 04:00 pm
How do you go about finding inner peace?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 404 • Replies: 5

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 04:05 pm
@cyter,
I eat superpremium ice cream and/or pizza.
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 04:55 pm
@cyter,
I believe that inner peace can come from the development of a great understanding of oneself and ones close associates and also by adopting as realistic a view of the world as your capabilities allow.
Realise that armed with these beliefs you may not be happy, but you should be as peaceful as you can be.
Religious beliefs may also help you to 'answer' many of the unknowns in life (you must also believe that they are true). I manage well without them.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 05:42 pm
@cyter,
I agree most wholeheartedly with Tsar, esp about the ice cream

At risk of repetition, in my later years it's becoming more and more apparent that one largely unacknowledged change of mood is trace amounts of some food, med, drink otherwise considered harmless. Let's say for no apparent reason you find yourself having an unusually bright day: First thing is to note what usu input you might have forgotten--or to the opposite, what new or different one you've ingested today
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 01:47 am
@cyter,
cyter wrote:

I remind myself that Self is almost certainly an illusion and everything's impermanent, so clinging to anything is a waste of time, including clinging to stressors.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:24 pm
@cyter,
Quote:

I feel you must understand yourself as to who you are so you know what it is that will bring you peace within yourself. That feeling of fulfillment.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Finding inner peace
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.18 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 05:10:00