Duck Dynasty dive

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 06:42 am
Why would anyone BOTHER to even ask a reality "star" to comment on social issues?

And why would anyone CARE? (Except American media)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,064 • Replies: 13
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 07:44 am
@PUNKEY,
You seemingly care enough to watch whatever American media program that would do interviews with reality star that involve asking for comments on certain social issues of the day.

If I were you I'd reconsider patronizing these media outlets or at least letting them know that this line of questioning is either irrelevant to the discussion or not helpful in the greater scheme of a given social issue.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 08:08 am
@tsarstepan,
I have never watched that crap. I find it disgusting, as are most reality shows.

This story (source: a magazine interview) is all over the US news today.

It's a media feeding-frenzy.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 08:14 am
@PUNKEY,
Sad to say, too many people feed into this goofy media driven feast. People love to blame the media for this nonsense but without viewers (the American public for instance), the media wouldn't feel compelled to run with such drivel.

I didn't hear about it on NPR this morning so to me it never happened.
[He smuggly shrugged... Wink ]
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 08:41 am
@PUNKEY,
Its not crap. How can you sy that if you've never watched?
Youre just proud of your ignorance?
DD is a show about a family that reveals intelligence, wit, and some great family values.

At least watch a show before becoming a critic.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 08:46 am
@farmerman,
Serious question here.

Is this programme a spoof?

I watched sort of fascinated/horrified/amused/scared as this stuff happened during the only episode I've seen, and honestly thought, hand on heart, that it was a brilliant American spoof series.

Entertaining though, it must be said...and definitely different.
farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 09:40 am
@Lordyaswas,
Most often it is a spoof, its thought out every bit at well as the Brit version of "Top Gear"
When a Top Gear show member (like Jeremie) made some really dumass remarks, the show didn't suffer.
I hope that Americans don't kiss of DD because of one members stupid remarks. I think itd be very DD-like to explore his beliefs and see .

We have a very heavy handed batch of self righteous people in this country. Id love to see an episode of DD where some gay guys put Jimmie in his place with a good argument. I think even Jimmie would be amenable to that.

Trouble with Jimmie is that he is "certin" that what he believes is actiually right. Im always rolling my eyes whenever he talks. BUT many of his kin stomp on him.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 09:51 am
@PUNKEY,
Thank you - I heard this - this morning and thought who the heck even cares? And what does it matter what this person thinks and what would someone expect to come out of such a character's mouth - no surprise.

Not that I even really know what the show is about, other than all the advertising I've seen lately - never had an interest in the show, but from the little I've seen it is more a spoof and not "reality"but written with a script.

From what I can gather - this seems to fit the character of the show and the individual - so why the uproar (and who gives a flying one)
farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 10:01 am
@Linkat,
ere ya go. Id look at this as a lead-in to a whole nother segment where they find out that one of the relatives is gay an Jimmie has to del with tht or go blind.

Thatd be funny
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 10:30 am
I doubt many of the audience of DD are LGBT people.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 10:47 am
I don't have cable. If I did, I would give it a watch, at least a time or two.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:05 pm
@McGentrix,
If you tickle an LGBT do they not laugh?
If you cut one does he not bleed?

I see a world where everyone is like the con of the Starship Enterprise. Room for all nd respect for all. SO, Im learning to like musicals .
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 10:23 am
@PUNKEY,
GQ was hoping the father would say something contraversial during the interview, and asking him about duck-calls wasn't going to do it.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:16 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Good point. Maybe he was "set up." However, his remarks were full of distain, which, IMHO, is a sin against mankind. I doubt if his savior Jesus would speak in such a way.

I place this series on the level with the Kardasians or Dallas Divas, anyway.
I deplore the platform that entertainers get in this country: Unearned privilege.

0 Replies